23 | Raving Apologies

Chapter Twenty-Three

After Elena called to practically force me to party, Damon rang Bonnie.

He tried asking her if she would be open to Kai's apology, but immediately after Damon mentioned Kai's name, Bonnie changed the subject.

Of course, even though Bonnie didn't want to see Kai, that's exactly where Damon was headed.

I'm not exactly sure how apologizing in the middle of a party with flashing lights and alcohol will be effective, but it's worth a shot.

"Bonnie?" I called out, weaving my way through the crowds sweaty college students.

"Hey, there.." a man seductively spoke, grabbing my arm as he attempted to pull me close.

I snatched my arm back. "Don't touch me." I asserted.

"What? You don't want some of this?" the poor drunk guy motioned to his body.

"Not if it were the last side-dish at the dinner table.." I scoffed, until he forcefully grabbed my wrist again.

I let out a laugh. "That was a mistake.." I addressed, flashing my fangs and yellow eyes, causing his face to fall.

The college boy's eyes widened as he quickly released my wrist, backing away before he took off running.

"Idiot.." I muttered, continuing my search for Bonnie. "Bon?" I tried again, spotting her near a side-entrance on her phone.

"Bonnie, hey." I lightly smiled, making my way over to her.

"Cassidy...what are you doing here?" Bonnie's eyebrows furrowed as she stood upright.

"Oh- well, Elena asked me to come, so.." I informed, my mouth forming a straight line as I looked at her before scanning our surroundings. "A bunch of sweaty, drunk, college students all in one place. A real dream come true.."

"Yeah, I had to scorch some guy's arm just to get him to leave me alone." Bonnie scoffed.

"Wow." I rose my eyebrows, shaking my head. "First day back in reality and you're spending it with the worst crowd of people."

"At least they're real people. Not just figments of my imagination, where I'm actually dancing in an empty warehouse with a bunch of strobe lights.." she points out, sharing a laugh with me as we leaned against the wall. "Hey, do you know what Damon wanted earlier? He called me, told me he needed a favor, then asked about...Kai, but when I told him never to mention that name to me ever again, he suddenly didn't need a favor anymore."

My eyebrows furrowed as I faked confusion. "No, he never told me about that..I mean, I figured you probably wouldn't want to see him. Y'know, you not believing that he's changed, and everything.." I fibbed.

"Because he hasn't." Bonnie argued.

"What?" I let out a laugh. "How would you know, if you haven't even seen him?"

"Cassidy, you're not seriously dumb enough to believe that the boy who tortured me- tortured us-" she corrected. "Has actually changed..right?"

I clenched my jaw. "I don't know, Bonnie..I mean, after the whole merge-thing happened, he kind of-" I tried,

"Hey." Damon announced, cutting me off, causing Bonnie and I to turn our heads.

"Hey.." Bonnie croaked with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Don't freak out..but-" Damon cleared his throat, signaling Kai to enter the warehouse, causing Bonnie's face to drop on sight.

"Hi.." Kai spoke up.