07 | Miss Cuddles...

Chapter Seven

Bonnie was still sitting atop the dirt, holding ascendant in her hand while the grimoire remained in front of her. Damon, on the other hand, was slumped against a tree, chugging another alcoholic beverage straight from the bottle.

"Mmm." Damon mumbled, causing Bonnie to look up.

"Mmh, mm, hm." he repeated, louder, gaining my attention from my spot on the ground beneath him.

"Can you...stop. Let me concentrate." Bonnie affirmed.

Damon stared down at his bottle. "On the bright side, it's not so bad."

Bonnie let out a sigh in annoyance. "It's fruity, and fizzy." he concludes, taking another sip.

"Damon, I'm working on something..." Bonnie bickered.

"On the not-so-bright side, is your intelligence, because you took the only chance of us getting out of here and turned him into a giant....douche-kebab." Damon drank again, as my head turned slightly to look at Kai's body.

"Think about it, Damon. What prison gives an inmate a key?" Bonnie pondered.

"Is that a trick question?" Damon asked, looking back down at his drink. "Or is this stuff actually starting to kick in.."

"I think the Gemini coven used a Bennett spell to create this place, what if that's why my Grams sent me here?" Bonnie offered.

"Then why did Kai seem so set on having the both of us use our magic?" I narrowed my eyes, leaning my head back against the tree. "Is our magic connected, or something?"

Damon pointed at his face, pursing his lips as he crossed his eyes. "This is the face I make when I don't understand you."

"You know the last thing my Grams said to me, was to stay strong...what if that was her way of telling me I have the power to get out?" Bonnie proposed, as Damon chugged more of his drink. "I have the ascendant, a massive celestial event to draw from. Plus a burning desire to get away from you."

Bonnie held up the ascendant, shutting her eyes as she began chanting a spell.

Damon's faux smile faded once he saw Bonnie's spell working. She repeated the short spell again, causing the claws on the ascendant to pull free and twist apart. Bonnie then looked up at Damon, stumbling to her feet with a smirk and wide eyes.

"That's why Kai wouldn't kill us, Cassidy. He needed a Bennett or a Gilbert. We were his only way out of here." she joys, turning to the side, walking away.

I stand up from my spot against the tree, brushing my hands off on my pants. "And, where might you be going?" I questioned, watching Bonnie climb towards the hole Damon dug open.

"Home. You guys coming?" she chirped, earning an excited look from Damon, where he looked up at the sun that slowly began darkening from the eclipse.

I looked back down at Kai, then up at Damon, letting out a sigh as I walked towards the hole.

We're going home.

The three of us stood in the cave system, a beam of light shining through the hole that Damon created. He and I were sitting on a rock, staring over at Bonnie who stood directly under the light.

Damon chugged his drink while Bonnie used the ascendant to prick her hand. She then dropped her blood onto the ascendant.

"Okay..." she whispered, looking between Damon and I.