24 | 1903

Chapter Twenty-Four

"Hey, Damon do you have any toothpaste-" I came downstairs in my pajamas and slippers, holding my toothbrush in hand, until I heard the familiar sound of bones snapping.

I cautiously waltzed into the living room, narrowing my eyes. "Do yourself a favor..stay out of my way today." Stefan shoots his brother a smile, releasing his arm, heading for the door.

"Whoa. What the hell is your problem?" I asserted, pointing my toothbrush at him.

"Nothing that concerns you, little Gilbert." Stefan grins, patting my shoulder before he made his way over to the front door.

"Hey, that's Damon's-" I called out, clenching my jaw when the door slammed shut. "-Nickname."

I furrowed my eyes, letting out a sigh as I spun around to see Damon snapping his arm back into place, listening to Stefan's motorcycle drive away.

Damon quickly grabbed a random vase, smashing it to the ground, causing me to jump back with wide eyes.

I began shaking my head. "Nuh uh. This-" I motion down to the vase and to Damon with my toothbrush. "-Is not happening. What's going on?"

"He flipped his switch." Damon growls,

"What?" I shrilled. "And why the hell would he do that?"

"Who knows why Stefan does anything, Cassidy. All I know, is that we need to get him to flip his switch back." Damon chirped.

I let out a laugh. "Well, incase you haven't noticed, no-humanity Stefan is an awful lot like Silas..I mean, not only do the two have an uncanny resemblance-" I lightly smiled, as Damon narrowed his eyes. "-But they're also extremely stubborn, and don't like to do what other people say."

"He will..we just need someone who can bring him back." Damon assures, until he freezes in his place, slowly looking up at me.

My mouth fell open before I began shaking my head once more. "No, way. No- no, no. You heard what Kai said about her.." I addressed.

"She may be our only option." Damon offers, causing me to let out a groan in annoyance.

There is no way in hell I will allow Damon to bring his mother back from the prison world.

Especially since Kai, ex-sociopath, made it pretty clear that she's dangerous.

I sat on the couch in the Salvatore library, painting my nails over the coffee table while Damon continues smashing furniture with a fire-poker until Elena walks in.

"Damon- what are you doing." her mouth fell open and her eyes widened as she scanned the room

"Looking for a healthy outlet for my rage." Damon breathes, smashing through a lamp. "I haven't found it yet. Stefan without his humanity is one artery away from Stefan the ripper, and every day that goes by is one year of guilt waiting for him on the other side."

"Yeah. Well, not to add to our growing pile of bad news, but we didn't just lose Stefan. We lost our chance to spark Caroline's humanity. Turns out he was her emotional trigger.." Elena acknowledges, making her way over to us.

Damon offers my sister the fire-poker, to which she looks down at it, shaking her head. "No thanks."

"Well, take it away from me..because I'm seconds away from using it on this." Damon's eyebrows furrow in anger as he snatches the old camcorder Bonnie brought back from the prison world up off the table.