08 | Happy Thanksgiving

Chapter Eight

She's dead.

Elena's dead.

I was already soaked in tears when Damon and I held Alaric's lifeless body, knowing exactly what his deah signified. As soon as we got the call, however, we raced to the hospital.

I was crying the entire time as he tried to keep himself together.

I knew how much he cared about her. How much he liked her. How much he loved her.

"Where is she?" Damon growls, brushing past a few doctors.

"Damon.." Meredith cautions, until her eyes flicker over to me.

Damon takes a threatening step forward, causing Meredith to step in front of us. "Wait." she breathes.

"You guys need to know..when Jeremy brought Elena in here earlier tonight, her injuries were worse than I let on. It wasn't a concussion, it was a cerebral hemorrhage. Bleeding on the brain," she explained, as my watery eyes met hers.

"What are you saying?" Damon questioned,

"He was so worried, I didn't want to tell him- but I..I helped her. She needed my help." Meredith rambled.

"You what?" I croaked, my voice full of pain.

I gasped, waking up from my nightmare before it could continue.

"Bonnie?" I groaned, narrowing my eyes.

"Good morning sunshine," Kai smiled, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "If you still care about Bonnie, even though she ruined the simplest chance of us getting out of here...then you must be nicer than I thought.."

I widen my eyes, and frantically began looking around. "What happened? How did I- where is she?" I stammered.

"So you do care...great." Kai rolled his eyes, getting out of the car.

I take in a breath, swinging open the passenger door to follow him to the back of the car.

He pops open the trunk, and my eyes immediately scan over Bonnie's unconscious figure, where her hands are strung together with rope.

"Wakey, wakey..." Kai grins, pulling Bonnie out of the trunk.

"How did I-" Bonnie starts, as she tries to stand without losing balance.

"Get so lucky to arrive here on a private flight piloted by yours truly?" Kai interrupts, leaning his arm on the trunk while he turns to face me. "Oh, you would've been super impressed by my flying skills...but I'd already knocked you out with painkillers."

He grabs his backpack out from the trunk, throwing it on the ground beside us.

"Where are we?" Bonnie badgers, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Portland, Oregon. Stomping grounds of Country Love, Tonya Harding, and tons of other awesome people." Kai flips open his pocket knife.

"You could've brought us anywhere in the world, and you took us to Portland?" Bonnie squinted,

"This is where I grew up." Kai informed, cutting the ropes off of Bonnie's wrists, causing her to let out a shriek in pain.

"I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet...and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days." Kai adds, causing my face to drop. "So, in the real world, which we'll never get back to because you sent your magic away in a teddy bear...today is my favorite day of the year."