11 | Raven Baxter

Chapter Eleven

After rendering Kai unconscious by the wave of my hand, Damon had me chain him to a headstone.

I decided to sit next to him, while Damon chucked various rocks at the headstone, even though I've constantly asked him not to.

"So, this whole...anti-magic thing. Is it like a dome? Or a bubble.." Kai trailed off, as Damon threw another rock.

"Come on!" I scolded, whipping my head around the headstone.

"Like, say you were in a 747 flying over Mystic Falls, would you die?" Kai continued, "You know that could be dangerous. Like, if you're headed to New York, your pilot reroutes for weather..."

Damon threw another stone, causing me to peer around the headstone once more, glaring at him. "Seriously?" I whine.

"How's this? I kill you, and when you're in hell, you can ask a bar full of dead Travelers who cast the damn spell." Damon offered.

"That's a lot of travelers." Kai acknowledges, leaning back against the headstone. "Must be a pretty big spell.."

"Like a really big spell." he whispers, as I narrow my eyes.

"Kai.." I quietly caution,

"So big...it covers every inch of an entire town." he closes his eyes, digging his hands into the ground.

My eyes widen and I go to grab his arm, "Ah- Ah ah. I don't wanna hurt you, Cassidy." he whispers, as his eyes remain closed.

Damon throws another rock, nearly hitting me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Alaric pulls up in his truck, rushing over to Damon.

"I'm working on my knuckleball.." Damon replies, picking up another rock.

"By nearly taking Cassidy's head off? Give me that." Ric snatches the rock from his hand.

"Hey, I was aiming for Kai." Damon defends.

"We are keeping him alive, Damon." Ric argues,

"Can I ask why we continuously compromise logic for some girl you just met?" Damon shoots back.

I turn away from them, looking back down at Kai's hands. "Kai, you don't have to do this, come on-" I start, but am cut off when instant pain rushes through my head, causing me to let out a silent.

"Shh, that won't hurt for much longer. I just need to finish drawing the Travelers' magic-" Kai whispers,

"Why the hell is it hurting me?" I grunt, clutching my head.

"Not sure..but the last thing I want is for you to be in pain." Kai assures, continuing to draw the magic with his eyes closed.

"Then stop." I spit,

"Can't do that." Kai informs.

"So-" I let out another groan. "You don't want me to be in pain..but you won't stop a spell that is causing me pain? What the hell kind of logic is that.." I take in a deep breath, releasing my head once the pain swiftly disappears.

I lean back against the headstone in relief.

"My logic." he smiles as his eyes shoot open, and he digs his hands slightly deeper into the ground.

I flinch when I hear a loud metal clank, and a hissing sound, peering around the headstone to see that Damon had chucked a rock at one of Ric's tires.