21 | You Did What?

Chapter Twenty-One

I paced around Jo's office as various thoughts flooded my brain.

I kissed Kai a few days ago, and we haven't said anything about it.

I know, Damon said the point of kissing is so you don't have to talk about it, but I want to.

Kai is basically dying, while Caroline's mom already has. There's a funeral that I have to attend later, and I have to try not thinking about Kai in the process.

"Any joint pain?" Jo asked, shining a light in Kai's eyes as she continued giving him a check-up.

"Hm.." he mumbled,

"Headaches?" Jo questioned.

"Yep." Kai confirmed.

Jo backed up, holding a questionable look. "Are you pregnant?" she joked, causing me to snort.

I looked down at my feet when Kai shot me a glare. "Stop making jokes..I feel like I'm being scrunched from the inside, out. This is kinda private, does your baby-boo need to be here?" he asked, looking over at Alaric.

"Does yours?" Rick retorted, causing my face to drop along with Kai's before Jo lets out a sigh.

"Okay..your vitals are fine, your temperature is normal-" Jo begins, as Kai breathes in slight pain. "I'll wait on pathology but there's nothing medically wrong with you."

"Yeah duh." Kai narrowed his eyes, shaking his head. "Because I'm magically diseased..and you haven't puked in at least an-" he rambled, until he was cut off by blood rushing up his throat.

"Oh-" Jo gasped, holding out a trash-can for him to puke in, as I quickly walked towards him, contorting my face in disgust as I rubbed his back.

His hand immediately latched onto Jo's wrist, gripping her tightly.

This continued until Jo started grunting in pain. "Hey- hey!" Ric shouted, yanking Jo's arm away from Kai as he stopped throwing up.

He let out a sigh in relief as I looked up at Jo. "I feel better.." Kai breathed,

"Yeah, because you juice-boxed my magic." Jo argued,

"Sorry, that was an accident, but I- wow..I legitimately feel better." Kai chirped, as Jo adjusted her coat. "You need to give me your magic."

"What?" she spat, taking a step behind Ric.

"This faux merge, is clearly failing." Kai wiped his mouth with a tissue, standing up.

Alaric protectively extends his arm in front of Jo as Kai takes a step closer. "Because I was supposed to get your magic, right? Just- I don't know, put it in a teddy bear, or- or a bed pan, or whatever..and gimme." Kai reached for Jo, causing Alaric to grab his wrist.

"Ric.." I cautioned, tightening my jaw.

"Listen, I can just as easily break seven little bones in your hand with one good squeeze, okay?" Rick threatened, as I stood beside Kai, rolling my eyes.

"And I can rip your throat out with the blink of an eye." I hissed, staring at Ric. "Now let go of his arm."

Ric looked at Kai once more, shaking his head, releasing his grip, causing Kai to rub his wrist. "I can see you're skeptical, Ric- can I call you Ric? Hey, buddy- but here's the thing you need to know, is that Jo only survives, if I do, okay? And if that's not enough for you, you know the power that binds the prison worlds comes from the leader Gemini coven..if I die, the worlds collapse, all right?" Kai explained, causing my face to drop as Ric rubs his face.