05 | Attractive Psycho

Chapter Five

Kai stood outside in the front yard of the boarding house, while I sat on the grass in the shade beside him.

"You're wandering around like a crazy man, why?" Damon narrowed his eyes, as he and Bonnie began walking towards us.

"I'm looking for the exact right spot. We need to find where the power of the eclipse is focused." Kai explained, holding the ascendant up to the sky once more.

"You know you could have just shown us the ascendant to begin with." Bonnie addressed.

"Yeah, but I wanted to feel Cassidy's hand on my chest." Kai informed.

I contorted my face in slight disgust, getting up from my spot on the grass, walking over to Bonnie and Damon.

"There's something not right about him.." I trailed off, strolling beside the two.

"You're just not used to guys hitting on you." Damon chirped, causing my jaw to tighten.

I let out a scoff, looking up at him with a smile. "You know, I can't wait to get out of here, and be emotionally bullied by someone my own age."

"Can we just have a few lasting seconds of peace while this idiot uses that thing to get the stars to align?" Damon offered, causing me to laugh.

The three of us stopped walking when Bonnie picked up a paper airplane made of newspaper off of the ground, and I spotted a small turtle on the pathway beside the grass.

Damon headed towards Kai, while I intently stared down at the turtle.

I tilted my head in confusion, furrowing my eyebrows as I reached down for the creature before Damon interrupted.

"Hey, what's up with the nature walk?" Damon piped up, as Kai lead him away from the boarding house, and I lifted my head.

"I used the ascendant to figure out where we need to be standing during the eclipse." Kai replied, as I looked back down at the turtle, shooting it a curious look before I caught up to the duo.

"Great. Let's do some magic and get the hell out of here." Damon growled, as the sound of paper rustling filled my ears.

"Oregon." Bonnie whispered from behind.

"What?" I asked, spinning around, walking beside her as Kai trailed off in front of us.

"I've read this paper a thousand times. There's something in it about Oregon." she muttered, so Kai wouldn't hear us.

"What about it?" Damon questioned, as the three of us stopped walking.

"Isn't it some family murder? Or something like that?" I asked, looking at the paper.

Bonnie nodded, "You know how Kai said he had all those brothers and sisters?" she proposed.

"Mm-hm.." Damon answered, as our eyes scanned the newspaper.

"Family Massacred in Portland. The only one missing was the oldest boy." Bonnie read aloud, before Kai's footsteps stopped in front of us.

He was listening.

"A 22-year-old named Malachai." she concluded, allowing her eyes to slowly come up off the paper.

"Who names a kid Malachai?" I squinted back at the paper, grabbing it from Bonnie's grasp.

"I know right." Kai agreed, "It's like they expected me to be evil.."

"All of those kids were murdered." I announced.