29 | Wedding Trauma

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Crap." Jo spun around to face Elena, who was pouring herself a drink while I sat relaxed on the Salvatore's couch. "They're not here."

"What's wrong?" Elena's eyebrows furrowed.

"My shoes." Jo breathed. "My gorgeous, ridiculously expensive, wear them once and then never again shoes. They're missing."

"I can always compel you a new pair." I offered, shooting her a smile.

"Or, I could do a locator spell on them?" Bonnie chimed in from beside the clothing steamer, causing my face to fall.

"On my shoes?" Jo questioned in disbelief, earning a nod from Bonnie. "Is that possible?"

"I don't know..actually, I just- hang on." Bonnie muttered, fumbling with the steamer. "I gotta figure out how to work this stupid thing.."

"Oh good- break it. Because my wrinkled dress will surely distract everyone from my bare feet." Jo stressed, causing me to chuckle.

"Hey, hey.." Elena calmed, "Don't waste all of your panic now. You still have eight hours until the ceremony."

"Non-alcoholic mimosa?" she offered, extending Jo one of the two drinks.

"One: A non-alcoholic mimosa is just orange juice..and Two: I can't drink." Jo handed Elena the glass. "Somebody should drink, you should drink."

"I will drink, eventually, but I have human tolerance now, which is cheaper, but a lot less fun." Elena addressed, as I got up from my spot on the couch, vamp-speeding over to them.

"Cheers." I chimed in, snatching the drink from Elena as I tapped my glass with Jo's.

We each took a sip when Jo's phone rang, causing Elena to hold a finger up as she went to answer the call. "Oh- no, no, no. Relax." Elena advised.

Jo took a deep breath. "Jo's phone.." Elena spoke.

"Huh..okay." Elena cautioned, as Jo walked over to her.

"That's not an 'okay,' okay.." Jo acknowledged. "That's a 'there's a problem,' okay."

"Yeah..uh, we'll call you back." Elena reassured. "Okay, bye."

Elena sighed, hanging up the phone while Bonnie walked towards us.

"Danielle's got the flu." Elena informed.

Jo chuckled. "It sounded like you just said, Danielle has the flu. Which is impossible, because Danielle is my wedding coordinator."

I rose my eyebrows, taking another sip of my drink.

"Yeah.." Elena breathed, nodding.

"Well, how sick is she? Can she still work?" Jo badgered, causing me to snort, gaining her attention.

"Oh- nothing." I defended. "It just..depends, on how much vomit you wanna have at the wedding. And Bonnie, the switch is on the left-hand side on the back.."

Bonnie shot me a faux-smile as Jo's hand reached her forehead.

"To be honest, I think maybe this is a good thing, because no matter how good Danielle was, I am pretty sure I'm better." Caroline called out, strolling into the room.

"Caroline." Elena smiled, enveloping her in a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed me too." Caroline admitted. "Thank you, for getting me back."