30 | Honeymoon?

Chapter Thirty

"Let me guess. Prison world?" Kai shouted, scanning the room for the other Gemini witches that were currently performing a spell. "I mean, you can't kill me or else you all die too, right?"

I continued sobbing with Alaric, tightly gripping his hand as Kai knelt down in front of us, gaining our attention.

"Hey..I'm sorry about your twinsies. I just don't feel like competing for leadership with future Gemini twins." Kai acknowledged. "See, when your family decides that you're nothing but an irredeemable piece of trash, well...guess the best thing to do is prove them right, right?" Kai smiled, as the two of us stared at him in disbelief.

I never thought he was an irredeemable piece of trash.

Kai shot me an apologetic look, standing up before he twirled his knife in-between his fingers. "This ought to do it." he lightly smiled, stabbing himself in the neck.

"No!" I scream at the top of my lungs, along with Mr. Parker, only he wasn't shouting out of pain, or grief. He just didn't want to die.

I bury my face in Ric's shoulder, allowing him to do the same with me.

"Ric-" I sniffle, removing his face from my shoulder. "You gotta get out of here, okay? Take Jo to the hospital- I'll meet you there."

I offered him a faux smile, only causing him to shake his head.

"Go!" I demand.

After Alaric left the building with Jo, I held Kai's head on my lap.

He totally screwed up my life, but I still loved him.

"I love you, Kai." I cried, cracking a smile. "You may have been an insanely psychotic asshat tonight- but I..I still love you. God, I still love you and I don't know why.."

Tears streamed down my face until Kai left out a cough.

"What?" I whispered, looking down as he blinked himself awake.

He slowly sat up, causing my eyes to widen as a grin appeared on his face.

"You still love me." he smirked, groaning as he stretched out his neck.

I backed away in slight fear, until I reached the steps that led to the altar, squirming on the floor, until he slowly stood up and strolled over to me.

"Cassidy, I heard what you said..and you don't have to be afraid of me. I would never hurt you, you know that." Kai chuckled with a long face.

My mouth trembled as he took a seat beside me. "You know, you still manage to look beautiful, even with all that blood on your dress.." he nudged my arm, causing my heart to beat faster.

Kai looked up, causing our eyes to meet. We held eye-contact, as he motioned his hand in our direction, causing his father to slide across the floor in front of us.

I flinched, speechless.

Kai brushed a hair out of my face, leaning closer. "One minute.." he whispered, before he turned to face his dad.

He flipped his father over. "Here's to being different, dad." Kai softly spoke, using his finger to swipe some blood off of his father's face, licking it from his finger, before turning back to face me.

"Now, where were we?" Kai smiled."Oh- wait. Actually, I still have one more thing to take care of."

Kai stood up, offering me a hand.