06 | Godzilla Is A Monster

Chapter Six

Bonnie, Damon, and I strolled through the woods while Damon whistled, simultaneously poking Bonnie and I with a stick.

"You're in a good mood for the first time this decade.." Bonnie growled, as he continued poking us. "Stop that."

"I have a hot date with my girl tonight." Damon addressed.

"Watch it. That 'hot girl', happens to be my sister..." I cautioned. "And that's assuming Kai's telling the truth."

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie...you know what? Screw the dinner and the movie, skip straight to the good part." Damon smirked, jabbing the back of my head with the stick.

"Ew..." I muttered, swatting his twig away. "Would you- stop that!"

"That's assuming I can do the spell." Bonnie acknowledged, looking over to Damon. "Which I won't know until I see it.."

"What ever happened to hope, Bon? Remember when I was all like, 'boo, grr' and you were both like, 'Hooray hooray! we're getting out of here!'" Damon mocked, waving his stick around for emphasis.

I snatched the twig from his hand, sending a glare his way.

"Look, I wanna go home more than anything...but Kai's a sociopath. Who's to say he won't screw us over?" Bonnie proposed.

"Me. I say." Damon affirmed, yanking his stick back out of my grasp, holding it out like a sword. "Because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of me going home."

"I heard my name...all good I hope." Kai made his way over to us with a smile, holding an axe.

Bonnie and I skeptically stared at him as he looked up, holding the ascendant above his eyes to block the sun. "The eclipse will happen directly overhead. In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation." he avowed.

"You," he gesture towards Damon. "Need to dig into the tunnels below us. We'll do the spell there."

Damon's eyebrows furrow in annoyance.

"Why?" Bonnie questioned, causing Kai to lean closer to us.

"Have you never portal jumped through an eclipse before?" Kai rose his eyebrows.

Our faces remained unamused when Kai takes a step forward. "Okay, look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant." he informs, before his eyes meet mine. "You spout a little witchy woo and then, poof. Anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant, goes home."

"By witchy woo, I assume you mean the spell." Bonnie announced, folding her arms.

"Uh, huh." Kai nodded in response.

"Let's see it." Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows, nodding over to me.

Kai pauses before a grin spreads across his face. "When the time comes.." he reassured, brushing past Bonnie, Damon and I, heading back out of the woods.

"That's awfully sketched out." I chirped, causing him to spin around. "I mean, why can't Bonnie and I just see the spell, that way we know we won't mess up."

Kai scoffed, tilting his head before he continued onwards.

"Where are you going?" Damon called out, before Kai turned around once more.

"Into town." Kai replied. "I need to gather some important supplies." he smiles, skipping away as he whistled like Damon was earlier.

"What if he doesn't come back?" Bonnie hisses, looking between Damn and I.