15 | Deal With The Devil

Chapter Fifteen

I struggled to open the door to Ric's place with my arms full of textbooks, however, once I got the door open, I heard someone else.

I immediately dropped my books and vamp-sped over to Kai.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asserted, as Tyler disconnected Kai from his IV wire.

His face dropped, before another voice chimed into the conversation.

"Bad timing Lockwood, I'm in a mood." Damon announced.

"Damon? Wha- how did everything go at the hospital? Did the blood transfusion-" I tried, until he shoved the palm of his hand onto my face, pushing me behind him. "Okay.." my lips formed a straight line.

"What the hell are you doing?" Damon narrowed his eyes at Tyler,

"I already asked that." I cleared my throat,

Tyler's eyes flickered between me and Damon as he remained silent.

Damon vamp-sped him over to the doorframe, slightly choking him in the process. "I'll make it easier on you. I'll give you multiple choice. A: 'I'm being an idiot' B: 'I have anger issues and I'm a puny human now and I have to pick on people while they sleep' C: 'A and B are both correct'." Damon continues choking Tyler.

Tyler struggles in Damon's grasp before he releases his grip, allowing Tyler to lean over and cough.

"Liv's dad is in town-" Tyler informs,

"Really." Damon deadpans.

"She's trying to convince him to let Jo and Kai do the merge." Tyler holds his own throat, continuing to catch his breath.

"Oh, so you thought you'd come grab Kai as a failsafe, incase Papa Parker says no to Liv and Luke. You just turn him loose, and he merges with Jo anyway. Huh?" Damon questions, "While, I appreciate your efforts, he's a psycho-freak magic siphon, I'm not gonna just let you walk out with him." Damon rambles, before his face drops, and he squints.

"Oh...no. That's your thinking face, Damon. I don't like that face." I addressed.

Damon pats Tyler on the shoulder, smiling. "I could kiss you, right now. You beautiful moron." he joys.

"What are you talking about?" Tyler states,

Damon quickly vamp-speeds Tyler over to Kai's bed, injecting him with some phenobarbital, causing him to pass out while my eyes widen and my mouth falls open.

"Yep." Damon speaks, as Tyler grunts, slowly falling to the floor. "That stuff works really well." he assists Tyler, placing him on the ground. "Nighty, night. That should keep him down for an hour.."

I continue staring at Tyler's unconscious body, until Damon spins around to face me.

"What, you didn't actually think I'd let him continue on with his stupid plan, did you?" Damon shoots me a smile.

I let out a scoff, shrugging. "Well, you had me fooled, so yeah. Yeah- I really did.." I shake my head with a small smile on my face.

Damon reaches into Tyler's pocket. "Uhm- whoa. What're you doing.." I widen my eyes,

Damon narrows his eyes at me as he pulls out Tyler's phone. "Oh.." I mutter, walking over to him to see what he's doing.

He selects Liv's contact, tapping on the phone-icon to call her.