His Princess.............Chapter 25

I AM SO SORRY I TOOK FOREVER! school was ending, i had exams, then i got my first job as a bank teller! haha sorry. i know a couple of you got mad but thanks to the people who understood!

haha:p okay enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zander’s P.O.V   

The rain kept pouring mercilessly down upon us. Water seeped past the cracks of the rocks and down inside to where we four sat. We couldn’t start a fire because as we noticed the water kept dripping in.

I hunched closer to the rock, searching for a source of warmth and finding none. Shivering, I glanced at my companions knocked out. Elson and Ament Hugh were lying face to face to help preserve their body heat while Dicapro was sitting against the rock, passed out.

A chilly wind blew in. I hunched down and hugged my blanket around me tighter. Staring into the rain, I wished of many things of the past. I wished to be back at the castle, I wished to have my old job back, I wished for everything to go back to the way it was, and most of all, I missed my Emilyn. I never got to say those three words to her, but I wished I could now.

I cursed myself. “If you had just manned up and said it sooner…” I mumbled trailing off as I stared into the rain. 

Now she would never know how I felt. I didn’t want to bring anybody’s hopes down but I wasn’t exactly sure how to find her. I wanted to keep their hopes alive that she would turn up. I mean, she had to be around here somewhere. Knowing her, she would not want to travel off somewhere unless there was somebody with her. But… I shook that thought aside.

I will find her. I will save her. Nothing can keep us apart.

At least I kept trying to install this false courage into my heart as the night wore on.

Soon, too soon, the sun peaked through the clouds blinding me. I brought my hand up to cover my face and reaching back to pick up my sword I stood up.

After sitting for a while, I felt really sore. I stretched for a bit and yawned once before taking a look around.  My heart dropped. I had already had a nagging suspicion but the sight confirmed it.

At that moment, Dicapro walked up beside me. One look at my face and Dicapro nodded heading back inside. It was unspoken and my face must have said everything.

Sighing, I rubbed a hand over my face. Today was going to be tough. After all the rain that fell, it made puddles, little streams, and most of all cleared any tracks, footprints or any helpful signs. I wasn’t sure how I was supposed to search for Emilyn in this type of weather but I knew that somewhere she needed me. And at that thought of her being hurt, I knew that I would do anything.

Marching back in, I slapped Ament Hugh and Elson awake. “Hey bitches, wake up!”

I glanced over to see Dicapro smiling and ready to work. I turned to leave feeling Dicapro come behind me.

Ament Hugh and Elson both groaned, their voices saying they were coming.

“Yea whatever. Suck it up, everyone’s tired.” I muttered and stepped outside. I nodded at Dicapro and he walked off in his direction. I took a deep breath and went in my direction.

I slowly started moving farther out and away from the group. While I was mainly searching, I was also partially wandering around. I felt so empty inside, and since I was not around the other men I didn’t have to worry about acting like something I’m not. Around them I forced smiles and laughter, at least alone with myself; I didn’t have to fake anything.