His Princess...........Chapter 16

Ah! So guess what? We had to take the stupid PSAT and since I am a Junior I will be taking (next April) the ACT, and I have to find some other place if I want to take the SAT. Stressful! Sorry about being so late everybody!

Then School's been shit. haha its the truth! If you have a remedy, please inform me. :) Thanks and enjoy, darlings!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: Action scenes. With blood mentioned. In case, you want to know.

(Zander’s P.O.V)

I ran out of the Throne room and made sure the rest of the guards were out before me and another one of them closed the doors to the Throne room.

We dashed back to the group.

I scanned my eyes for Emilyn.

We all dashed forward, but I kept my eyes on her.

God, she looked so terrified. Back in the prison cells, I had known she was terrified and scared, but that girl would not let her fear out no matter what. One thing about her was that she was as stubborn as hell. And persistent as hell, I reminded myself as we went past another cross-section corridor.

We were nearing the exit door when Arielle would leave us on our own and she would go back.

I was still confused on why she would want to help us. What would be in it for her? Usually people helped others because in the end, they would get some sort of reward, honor, glory, satisfaction, and favors, whatever. But the only thing that she would earn of this would be death for disobeying or, if the King was lenient, only a hand chopped off. I sighed and ran again.

I had to stop doubting why she was helping us. The main point was she was. We were allowed to be freed because of her. I was going to trust her and to whatever she says. But one day, I might want to know the reason…

All of a sudden, Arielle whirled on us and moved her hands.

I gasped. Aw, shit!

I ran over to where Arielle held a door open for us all and rushed inside.

We were so close. Oh well, as long as we’re all here, then they’ll pass and-

My heart started beating faster. I searched the faces in front of me again. DANG IT!

“Emilyn? Anybody know where hell our Princess is?” I growled out as everyone realized that Emilyn was not with us. I gripped my hands in my hair in frustration. I had seen her running down the hallways then Arielle had stopped us. Then maybe she got confused and-

My head jerked up.

I moved to the door and was about to wring it open when Arielle hissed at me.

“What are you doing? There are guards out there. We need to stay here.” She grabbed my hands and tore them off the knob.

“Emilyn is out there, Princess.” I stated accentuating the word ‘Princess’. “I am going to rescue her, so if you’ll just-“

She stepped in front of me again. “I know you care for her and she is your Princess, but you cannot put any of the other lives in danger! She’s a smart girl. She knows the plan. Now get back and wait!”

I growled at her feeling my protectiveness of not just being Emilyn’s guard but her boyfriend as well. I opened my mouth to reply when we heard a bang and a sound of footsteps.

Without waiting for her highness’ permission, I charged out and looked both ways before seeing directly in front of me: two guards sprawled on top of each other and a fleeing form dashing down the hallways.