His Princess.................Chapter 14

Here all ya'll go! How do you like my southern accents, hun? haha. my friend is from around there so everytime she says something she goes "ya'll ----------, what do'ya think?"

Sorry i find it funny :p

(Emilyn’s P.O.V)

“Hey! This is not fair! Please, it is not what you think! Hey-OW!” I cried out as the guards finally shoved us into our cells for the night.

It was so damp and cold that I involuntarily shivered. I stared around me as the iron mocked me. Iron gates. Iron doors. Iron bars. Iron cages. This was not right. We were not traitors. After being assumed as traitors, we were immediately ushered down here. The King looked sad and angry as he had told the guards to bring us down here. I felt saddened. He didn’t understand that we had done nothing. I had tried to tell him but I was silenced before I could even try.

I still remembered his shaky voice as he spoke to me. Clear as crystal I remembered his every word as he stared me down.

“H-how could you? I trusted you! I know your father is an honorable man, and why can’t you be? Are the courts know turning against one another, is that the case?” King Arlington had questioned me his voice rising into the stillness of the dancing room as everyone had paused to see what would happen. The King stared me down willing me to defy him. “I should have known better. The courts can never be peaceful, we can never live in harmony, for it is just human nature to deceive, lie, and cheat. Do anything they can to-“

“Stop.” I had whispered into his rambling that was getting me frustrated. We had done nothing. I would not let my people get struck down for something they did not cause. We did not cause. Heck, I did not cause! “We did nothing, and we have done nothing. This is a bug misunderstanding, your Highness, if you would just hear me out-“

He now cut me off. “Stop, child! I will not have you speak to me in this manner! Know whom you before? I am the King here.” He shook his head and stared at me. In that short moment I saw pity and regret in his eyes as he stared at me before it was masked up by anger. He pointed his finger at us. “Take them to the dungeons.” He whispered coldly as his eyes shone angrily. “Take them there until we can further discuss what must be done to them.”

I was beyond furious with him, but I tried not to let it show. They started grabbing us to lead us away, but I broke free. “Sir, this is preposterous! I am a Princess, and I demand to know why you accuse me and my men of such deeds or actions you assume!”

The King’s eyes became glazed over as I looked at him and he spoke in a monotone voice to me. “Traitors need not know their crimes. Maybe this will teach you so next time you will learn. If there is a next time,” the King had trailed off with a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips as I gasped in shock and the guards wheeled us away.

The last glimpse I got was of the guard who had said we were traitors, his eyes were red. For some reason, it had a familiar feeling, but it was gone before I could recall it back and think on it.

We had been led down several flights of cold dark stairs and passed a door to where we were now.

Forgetting the red-eyed man, I got flashed back to reality as it struck me where we were.

Forgotten.

Useless.

Unjust.

Scared.

Cold.

We were stuck in an Iron clad cell.

I watched helplessly as everyone else got thrown in.