4

*SIERRA*

Once I made my way to the gym I was told that the girls would spend all period in the locker room, and so would the guys. So much for talking to Julian, he seems really nice and...he's really cute too.

I spent a ridiculously long time standing in a line to buy a locker, but once I purchased one I was free to sit down. Everyone had their phones out and earbuds in, so I assumed that either our coach didn't care or that this school in general doesn't care. Either way, I felt comfortable with listening to music, and so I did, as I sketched in my art pad.

Time went by super fast and I was caught off guard when the bell rang. I gathered my things and started walking to the car loop to get picked up. I felt defeated, because I didn't get to talk to Julian and I really wanted to. When I spotted my parents' black truck I got inside and smiled at my mom.

"Good afternoon sweetie, how was your first day?" She asked.

"It was ok. I got lost a few times, but I think I know where all my classes are now." I pulled my seatbelt across my chest and buckled up. "How was your day?"

"It was very relaxing."

She pulled away from the school and I quietly sighed. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to talk to him. And if not...maybe Wednesday.