12

*SIERRA*

"Lyla trust me, it was a mistake. I kissed him after he pulled away. He probably didn't want me to."

"Sierra, I'm pretty sure he likes you." Lyla tried to convince me.

"Well then how come he's ignored my texts all weekend AND has yet to speak to me since school started."

Lyla cleared her throat. "Well he's looking over here now."

"Honestly, I don't care."

I angrily ate my chicken sandwhich and rushed from the cafeteria when the bell rang. I had no desire to talk to him. I don't care how busy a person is, you can find time to reply to a text, even if it's just to say "I'm busy, sorry".

During photography class we started critiquing projects. When my popped up on the projector all anyone could talk about was how beautiful Julian's eye is. As much as it annoyed me, I couldn't deny it, the boy has nice eyes.

When it came time for gym I went and played tennis with Nicole and since there were no more rackets, Julian knew he wasn't invited. Instead he walked the track with his friends Dylan and Luis. I can't imagine being just friends, I like him too much.

I wasn't fast enough, so while I was walking home Julian's usual group of people started catching up to me. I had my headphones in and hoped that would make him ignore me, but nope, he just tapped my shoulder to get my attention. I pulled one bud out of my ear.

"Julian, can you just leave me alone?" I asked.

Without waiting for a response I put my earbud back in my ear and walked a little faster. I walked home without being bothered again.

Cassy was standing on her stepping stool, helping my mom and I put frosting on the cupcakes we made, when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I told my mom.

I rinsed my hands and dried them with a paper towel. I walked to the front door and was surprised to see Julian on the other side. I quickly stepped outside and closed the door.

"What're you doing here?" I asked.

"You didn't answer any of my texts." He replied.

"Ok. So? You never answered mine."

He took a step towards me and I was a little intimidated because although he's a year younger than me, he's still taller.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"Sierra. Earlier, when you were walking home, you asked if I could just leave you alone. I'm here because..." He stepped even closer. "I can't."

He hesitated before kissing me and I nearly melted. His hands were so warm despite the cool breeze out. He had his hands on either side of my face.

When we seperated he held my hand and we sat on the bench that was right outside the door.

"I like you Sierra, a lot. I don't wanna just be your friend."

"I don't wanna just be friends either." I admitted.

"Does it bother you that I'm younger?" He asked.

"No. Does it bother you that I'm older?"

"No." He answered.

"Ok...then why did it take you so long to tell me you like me?"

"Because... there's something that you don't know. And if you're ganna be my girlfriend then I want you to know."

I cleared my throat. "Ok. What is it?"

He took a deep breath before speaking.