24

*SIERRA*

Julian came and sat next to me at lunch, Lyla was too busy for conversating, she was studying for an AP PSYCH test.

"Alright." Julian sighed. "So you're leaving on Sunday night to go visit your sister right?"

"Yup." I nodded happily. I feel like I haven't seen her in years, but it's only been 3 and a half months.

"Ok...spend the night with me Saturday."

I tilted my head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Sleep over my house Saturday. Please."

I gulped, not sure what to say.

"Woah, like in the same bed?" Lyla asked, suddenly not too busy to speak.

I glared at her, but still wanted to here Julian's response, so I looked at him, waiting.

"Yes Lyla. In the same bed."

I laughed at his sassy tone. "I still have some packing to do, but I'll try and finish when I get home so that I can. Of course I have to ask my parents, but I'm sure it'll be fine."

When I got home I asked my dad's permission before even going to my mom, because I knew that between to two he'd be hardest to get approval from.

"But his parents will be home, and Jovani will be in the same room?" My dad asked.

"Yes sir." I clarified.

"And I can trust you to be on your best behavior?"

"Of course, Dad."

My dad pulled me into a hug and squeezed me a little too hard. "I guess if I can trust you to be living with your sister in New York, then I can trust you to spend the night at your boyfriend's house."

"Dad c'mon. I haven't even gotten an acceptance letter."

"But you will." He let me go and smiled at me. "I know that you will. No one deserves that school more than you, Sierra."

I gulped, the topic of of college makes me uncomfortable because it makes me think of losing Julian, and I don't want to think about that.

"Okay dad. Um, will you tell my when she gets home? I'll be upstairs packing when she gets here, but I'll come down when I'm all finished."

"Yeah honey, sure."

I went up to my room and finished packing my suitcase with enough clothing to last me for the week my family would be spending with my sister for Thanksgiving break. I can't wait to see her, I miss her so much! And I can't wait to hear how her life is now that she's a college girl, because I'll be in her same position soon...hopefully.

When my mom got home I was already done packing and when I told her about spending the night at Julian's she felt the same way my dad did. She believed she could trust me to spend the night with a boy. Having my parents' trust means a lot to me, so I would never risk losing it.

"Really!? They said yes?" Julian asked.

I laughed into my phone and nodded, even though he couldn't see. "Yes. They said its ok. And I'm all done packing. What time should I come tomorrow? Like after dinner, or before?"

"You can eat dinner here if you want, my mom is ganna order pizza because she cooked a lot tonight and said she needs a break."

"Okay, that's fine." I smiled.

"Yeah...so...I guess I'll see you tomorrow." He said.

"Mhmm. Goodnight Julian."

"Goodnight Sierra, I love you."

"I love you too." I replied.

When I hung up I could feel the butterflies that live almost permanently in my stomach. Whenever he says "I love you" I get the best feeling inside. I love him too. A lot.