Chapter 1

"Tobin, get up for school!" Mom yelled from downstairs.

"I feel sick!" I shouted back.

"If you felt sick, you wouldn't have yelled. Now get ready for school!" She shouts. She won that one. Fine. I'll get ready for school.

So I get up, put on black jeans, a grey sweatshirt, grey snapback, some dark sunglasses, and white high top converse.

I hurry downstairs, and scarf down breakfast. Then, my stepdad shows up before I could get out of the house.

"What the heck is she still doing here?" Tom barked.

"I was just leaving" I say.

"Sure as Hell you were!" He yells as I leave the house. I get onto my Ducati, and rev the engine loudly so Tom could hear, then I take off for school. It's a short ride, and I park in a spot. This is my very first day of the year here, a Junior in high school. I'm already sixteen, and my dad got me this before he died, recently.

"Tobin!" Ash calls from across the lot. I make my way over to her. She and I had become friends over the summer, and I am very thankful for such a caring and wonderful person in my life.

"Hey Ash" I smile.

"How're you holding up, Tobin?" Ash asks. She's referring to the stepdad situation.

"Pretty well" I say, and we head to class.

I guess I should explain Tom. You see, my dad died from war. He was a Lieutenant in the army, and we used to always move around with him when I was five, and settled in back at New Jersey when I was fourteen. Then, he got KIA. Sad, I know. Then my mom married Tom who lives here in Diamond Bar. And we had to come all the way across the country. My Uncle pulled out my motorcycle saying it was from my dad for my sixteenth birthday. So yeah. That's how I came to be in this situation.

"Good" Ash smiled.

In class, i noticed everyone was lined up against the wall, so Ash and I did the same.

"Hey Ash" Ash's girlfriend Ali nudged her. "Hey Tobin" She nods to me. I nod back.

"Students!" The teaches smiles. "I'm Mrs. May. I'm going to be assigning seats"

No one makes a move. This lady gives off the impression of a bitch. I'm usually right.

She points us to seats, and I take a seat in the back of class, next to some freckled chick, and an empty seat.

"Hey, I'm Kelley O'Hara. What's your name?" The freckled chick says.

"I'm Tobin Heath" I say.   

"You're new around here, aren't you" Kelley says, and I nod. "Where are you from?"

"New Jersey" I say.

"Ah, a Jersey girl, eh?" Kelley grins.

I smile, and nod.

Class begins, and Mrs. May starts a lesson. Just then, a girl barges through the door.

"Sorry I'm late" She says, handing the teacher a pass.

She has beautiful hair, dark and elegant. Her eyes are bluer than the sky, and she is just a jewel. Her body is gorgeous. I haven't told anyone other than my mother that Im gay, and I'd like to keep it that way.

"It's quite alright, Miss Morgan" Mrs. May smiles at the chick. "You can take the seat over there" She points next to me. My heart lurches.

She flashes a smile at me, and I realize I'm staring. Then the girl sits next to me.