Chapter 43

*fast forward a lot of years lol*

"Tobin!" Alex shrieked as I lifted her on my shoulder and swung her around the room.

"They made it!" I shout, laughing.

When I put Alex down, we're both dizzy and I grabbed the couch for support.

As I became aware of our surroundings and the room stopped spinning, I made my way over to the cabinet and pulled out a very fine bottle of wine. Alex grinned at me.

"This calls for celebration" I smirk, pouring the both of us a glass and putting on some classy music. Alex and I sat at the kitchen table.

Alex bit her lip, watching me.

"To the future of the US Women's National Team" I say, and raise my glass.

"To the future of the US Women's National Team" Alex nods, and we touch our glasses together, and take a sip of the good wine.

After four long years of injury, family plans, as well as grit and just raw training through college, we made it and retired. Then the new girls made it to the World Cup and became World Champions at last.

I lean over and kiss Alex passionately. I could taste the wine on her lips, and it made me crave her some more. I'm sure Alex could taste the beverage on my lips as well.

"I love you" I murmured.

"I love you too" Alex whispered.

"Ew!" Yelled little Madi. Alex and I stopped kissing, and laughed.

I set down my glass of wine, and walked over, scooping her up in my arms and tickling her.

She is our kid.

Alex had her, but we both are the mothers.

She's three now, and turned three a little while ago, to be precise, twelve days ago.

She squealed as I tickled her.

Then, there was a knock at the door.

I froze, and set Madi down. I faked a gasp, and she got excited.

"Who's at the door?" I ask her, pretending to be excited but knowing all too well who is there.

Madi ran over and tried to open the door, grunting in the effort.

I laughed and opened it for her.

"Hey everyone, come on in!" I grin and step out of the doorway.

So I guess I should explain the families.

Christen and Kelley got hitched a couple years after Christen and JJ broke up when Christen found out JJ didn't love her anymore. Christen had a kid named Peyton. Peyton Press.

JJ and her husband, Zach, had a kid named Luke a year before Alex had Madi.

Arod had a couple kids, who are now over.

Lauren Holiday had a few kids as well with Jrue, and they're five and six years old, I think. They're quite a bit older than Madi.

So then that leaves Ash's story.

Her story, is a bit sad.

Ash and Ali went all the way through college, until something snapped. Ali left Ash and went to Germany. Ash got drunk each night and somehow that caught up to her, and she got pregnant with her child, Riley.