Chapter 11

So its the day before the surprise. I've been so attentive to everything Alex is doing. She's very flirty with me now, I have no idea why. Not that I don't like it or anything, its just....distracting. Very distracting actually.

"Hey Toby" Alex winked, sitting in my lap at the football game we both decided to attend. I put my arms around her waist as we watched the game. Her hand went between my leg so its around the inside of my thigh.

"Alex" I groan, removing her hand from my thigh.

"What?" She asks, innocently. I raise an eyebrow at her, corner of my mouth raised in a smile with a look trying to say 'you know what'. She pretends like she never received the message. I roll my eyes.

The game ends, and we go to my place. Inside, Alex grabs my hand and leads me to the couch. She throws me down first, and I sit, waiting for what would come next. I don't wait long, because she straddles my lap and peppers my face with kisses, hair forming something like curtains around us. She grabs my chin, and kisses me. Hard. I lean forward and bite down on her neck, and receive a moan that sexily escapes her lips.

"T-Tobin" Alex moans as I suck her neck. Her hands find the back of my shirt and she grabs a fist full of the fabric. I move my mouth around other parts of her neck, occasionally kissing her sweet spot. I start to inch her shirt up, but she stops me. "Please stop" She says quietly. I frown.

"What is it?" I ask, as Alex gets off my and sits next to me on the couch. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no" Alex says, face red. "I..I'm not ready for that yet. I'm sorry, I'm just not ready"

I grab her hand.

"Its alright. I wont force you to do anything. It's your call. Whenever you're ready, so am I" I smile, and kiss her hand. She smiles apologetically at me.

"Thanks for understanding and not forcing it on me" Alex says, and begins to relax.

"I would never force it on you. Thats called rape" I say. "And I don't want to rape you, and never will. I want the both of us to be enjoying it"

"Thats why I love you" Alex leans into my arms, sighing. I smile and hold her close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Things between Alex and I had loosened up after that conversation last night. Neither of us felt pressured to do anything, and I was enjoying it. I loved it. It made me feel like this wasn't forced, and that we were fine. And in truth, we were.

"Hey Tobin, I'm going to Kelley's for a movie. Wanna go?" Alex had asked one time after practice as I slung my shirt over my shoulder.

"I don't want to get between you two. I mean, you guys are like, best friends"

"No" Alex said, and I must've had a confused look on my face because she giggled and hugged me. "You're my best friend, silly"

"Thanks Lex" I smile, hugging her back.

"So are you going to go?" Alex asked, looking up at me hopefully.

"I guess so" I smile.

"Awesome. Hope will be there, so be nice" Alex said, eyeing me warily.

"When have I ever been not nice to Hope?" I ask, chuckling.

"Do you really want me to tell you?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No" I said, and raced her to my motorcycle, Alex beating me by a foot and a half. It was close.

We got to Kelley's house, and went inside, where I saw Hope and Kelley on the couch laughing about something Hope must've said, because Kelley was laughing pretty hard. I never knew Hope had a humorous side. I didn't know she had any other side than being badass. I guess me and everyone else had judged her too harshly.