Chapter 7

I roll over, and get up. I stretch, but then put my arms back to my side, grimacing at the pain in my ribs. It wasn't as intense as the night before, but it still hurt.

Looking around, I remember where I am. Alex's living room. Alex is up and in the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Morning baby!" She calls.

"G'morning Lex!" I call back, walking to her.

"Did you sleep okay?" She asks.

"I always sleep good when I'm with you" I grin, kissing her cheek.

She blushes and sets two plates of food out for us both. I take a place next to her and we eat.

"So, because it's Saturday, and our first soccer game is Monday, I was thinking we could get the team together at my new place" I say.

"That sounds fun! But the problem with that is that even you haven't been in your new house. Are you sure you're familiar enough with it?" She asks.

"It's fine. I'll get used to the place" I smile. "And think of it as a type of...house warming party"

"Alright, I can help you set it up" Alex nods.

"Awesome. I'll call my cousin so he could get me the keys and meet us up there" I say, pulling out my phone and dialing Eddie's number.

He picks up at the third ring.

"Yo Eddie" I smile into the phone.

"Hey Tobs" Eddie says. "What can I do for you?"

"Can you meet me and Alex up at the house? Tell me the address, so we can meet up there" I say.

"*tells address* okay I'll be up there as soon as possible" Eddie says.

"Awesome. See you soon Eddie"

"Yeah"

So Alex and I head up to the place.

"Yo Sonny!" I call, and Eddie looks up from his phone. He looks hilarious. He's wearing some palm tree shirt and khaki shorts. Alex and I walk over. Eddie grins and shakes my hand, and looks to Alex.

"Hello Principle Bates" Alex says, momentarily stunned.

"Outside of school, my name is Eddie. Use it" Eddie grins, shaking Alex's hands.

"So Eddie, you got my place set?" I ask, holding my hands out to see the key. He nods, handing me the key.

"I'll give you the tour" He says. Right in that sentence, I notice the heavy tint of his New York accent. Yes, he's a New Yorker, but he managed to hide his accent at times. This time, it really showed.

We go inside, and Eddie shows us around. There was a balcony that connected to the kitchen and my bedroom from the outside.

"How you manage to pull this off, I have no idea. But cousin, I am thankful for a loving family member like yourself" I pull him in for a quick embrace.

"Aw Tobs. I knew from the start that I was your favorite cousin" He chuckles.

"Eddie, your New York is showing" I sing softly. He laughs.

"Hey, I'm a New Yorker, what can I say?" He chuckles.

"Well Sonny, it's nice seeing you, but Alex and I have to prepare a soccer team party for tonight. I hope you'll excuse us" I say.

"You kids have fun" Eddie waves, leaving. I wave back, and so does Alex.

I close the door, and push Alex up against it, kissing her softly. We kiss for half a minute more, before Alex lightly pushes me away.