Chapter 15

I grit my teeth, glaring at the ugly figure in front of me.

"You're alone for once" I manage.

"I realized after that day in the park, that I could take you on my own" Tom Jr snickered. I saw the gleam of metal in his pocket. My eyes widened at the sight of it. He notices that I saw it. He grins. "That's right. And if you make any sudden movements or say any words, I'm going to kill you"

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Your girlfriend" He says. "And when I'm through with you, there won't be anyone else left to get in my way"

"You better stay away from her" I say, taking a giant step towards him. He pulls out the knife and I feel the tip of it draw blood from my stomach. Any farther and it will really impale me. I don't want that. I reel backwards.

"Cooperate, and you will not die...yet" He smirks. I glare as I let him put my hand behind my back and lead me out of he school, knife point barely touching my lower back.

There was a cop on the corner of the lot. I wanted to so desperately call out. Tom Jr must have read my mind.

"Call for help, and you die" Tom Jr hissed into my ear.

"What are you doing to do with Alex. What do you want with her?" I ask, fury and rage balling up inside of me. I wanted to so desperately get out of his grip and beat the shit out of him.

"I'm going to do everything to her" Tom Jr snickered. It made me ball up with fury. I noticed the cop staring at us. Debating whether or not to go over here to us.

"Tobin!" Ash's voice calls from across the lot. I whip my head in her direction. Tom Jr tries to push me closer to his van.

I take this moment and lurch from his grasp. He lunged at me with his knife in hand. I punch his throat, causing him to lose breath. But that didn't stop him from sticking the knife under my ribcage. I gasp for air, mouth hanging, stunned at what just happened. I had just been stabbed.

I drop to my knees. I wrap my hands around the knife, trying to pull it out, but I can't. It's lodged there.

"I warned you, Tobin" Tom Jr says. I look up at him, struggling to process what is happening. "Alex is next" He shakes his head. I try to say something, but a tangled groan escapes my lips. This is the end.

I AM TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

Black spots cloud my vision.

I see Tom Jr hurry away, but then I see a face I haven't seen in a while. My father. He walks up to me.

"Dad?" My voice choked. I'm not sure if I'm thinking this and he's hearing it, or if I'm actually saying it.

"Yes, Tobin" My Dad smiles at me. He's in the same uniform he wore the day he left.

"Am I done here?" I ask, croaking.

"I'm afraid so, Tobin" He sighs.

"But...but I don't want to go. What about Alex, Ash, and my sisters and brothers, and Mom? What about them?" I ask.

"They'll take care of each other" He smiles. I feel my self want to cry. I haven't seen him smile in so long.

"Dad, I don't want to go. I love it here. I...I have to stay" I cry. "Dad...I have to tell you something"

"What is it?" He asks.

"I'm in love with a girl, Dad. Her name is Alex Morgan" I say.

"I know" He grins. "She's perfect, isn't she" I nod, but his smile falters. "Don't you want to come with me?"