Chapter 6

I hesitantly knocked on Eddie's house door.

His wife, Kenzie answered.

"Hey Kenzie. Is Eddie home?" I ask. She nods.

"One second, I'll get him" She says with a smile. Seconds later, Eddie returns in place of Kenzie.

"Tobin, what happened? Why is your face all crappy looking?" He asked, frowning. He knew I didn't always come over for visits. Especially not this late.

"I got into a fight with Josip yesterday. Tom...he uh, caught Alex in my room" I say, scratching the back of my neck. I always do that when I'm nervous or things get awkward or I don't know what to do.

"We're you guys doing it?" Eddie asked.

"No!" I glare. "We were watching a movie, when he went to yell at me for parking my bike in the garage. He yelled at me for being a dyke after he saw Alex, and kicked me out"

"Tobin" Eddie groaned. "I told you, that you had to be careful. Come in"

I step inside, and Eddie closes the door.

"You're staying here tonight, but tomorrow I'm getting you an apartment, so you better find a job to keep that apartment" Eddie says.

"Thanks Sonny" I say.

"Shut up. Now go take the guest bedroom upstairs and get to sleep. We have school tomorrow" Eddie says.

"G'night Sonny" I call.

"Good night Tobs" Eddie calls back.

I crawl into unfamiliar sheets and somehow drift off to sleep.

I lick Alex up for school, and she looks at me with worry.

"What?" I ask.

"I was the reason Tom kicked you out. I'm sorry" She says.

"No, you're not the reason. I would've gotten kicked out anyways for parking my bike in the garage. He hates that thing" I chuckle. That made Alex loosen up a bit.

"Tobin, where are you staying?" Alex asks.

"I stayed at Eddie's last night, but he wants to get me an apartment asap. So if he doesn't get one tonight, I'm crashing at Eddie's again, I guess" I shrug.

"I want you to stay with me" Alex says, lightly grabbing my bicep.

"You want me to s-stay with you?" I stutter. She nods. "Alright. If Eddie doesn't find me an apartment, in staying with you"

"Good" She pecks me on my lip lightly, to not irritate the cut I had on my mouth.

We get to school and walk hand in hand.

In first period, Kelley leaned over.

"Tobs, I heard about your fight with Josip. I heard you kicked his ass" Kelley giggles.

"Well, he was the first to get knocked out. He got me pretty good too" I say, motioning to my face. She looks shocked.

"But you beat up Josip. No one has been able to do that since sixth grade" Kelley smile.

"Oh. It wasn't that easy, but it wasn't hard either" I shrug.

Then, I pay attention to the next two classes.

I sit next to Alex at lunch, and give her a quick kiss. She kisses back. Ash cleared her throat, nodding to someone behind us.

I turn, and a grin shows on my face. I stand up.