Chapter 23

Alex had wanted Junior the bull terrier puppy to sleep in our bed, but I told her no. She pouted for a good ten minutes, but I never gave in. I needed my alone time with Alex.

So instead of Junior sleeping in our bed, I tossed a bunch of blankets in a corner of the living room and that's where he is supposed to sleep from now on. He took to it well.

"Toby, I'm taking Junior outside, wanna come? We can pass the ball around and stuff. The place is fenced in" Alex says, putting some shoes on.

"Sure" I say, and slip my own shoes on after grabbing my red and white nike soccer ball from our room.

Outside Junior barked and pranced around the yard, and when Alex and I passed the soccer ball around, he barked at the ball and ran with it. Alex and I laughed.

Then, I faked a pass and chipped it up over Junior who was confused, looking for the ball that was his size to chase. Alex chested the ball and brought it to her feet, laughing. I laughed too. Once Junior spotted the ball, he got all excited and it was the chasing game again.

"Let's play one on one" Alex said, passing the ball to me as a challenge. I did a neat pick up with my feet, and juggled the ball, sending it back to her in the air.

"Let's do it" I say.

She brings the ball down and begins her dribble to me.

I get in a defensive position, and she tries to fake me out, but I strip the ball from her feet.

I let her get back to defend, and then I jog towards her. She and I knew that I was pretty dangerous with the ball.

Doing a double step over, then flicking it through her legs, I collected it on the other side and had Alex on my heels as I shot on the fence in front of me. Once it hit the fence, I turned around arms out and did the airplane.

"GOLAZO" I yell, and Alex laughs, rolling her eyes at me.

She takes the ball and gives me a look, and thats when I knew she meant business. I smirk at her and get in a defensive stance. She came at me full speed and I almost tripped over my feet trying to get ready. She did a fancy cut and I slide tacked her, but just hit grass. She whizzed past me and rocketed the ball at the fence. The loud crack of the fence made me jump.

Alex whooped and smirked in my direction where I lay on the grass, and she winked at me. I rolled my eyes and jumped to my feet. I heard my phone ring from where I left it on the grass by the fence, and I jog over to it picking it up and answering.

"Tobin where are you?" Mom's voice surprised me.

"I'm in Florida" I say.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"I moved in with Alex, and we're going to Florida State University together" I tell her.

"You didn't tell me?" She asks.

"I didn't think you cared. Just like Katie and Perry" I say.

"Tobin I'm always going to care. I'm your mother" Mom says.

"Well maybe if you leave Tom at your place, you can come visit sometime" I say.

"I'd like that" Mom says.

Alex asks me with her eyes who I'm talking to on the phone. I tell her to wait with my expression.

"Well its been nice talking to you. I've got to go. I hope we can get together sometime" I say.

"Bye Tobin, I love you"

"Love you too, bye" I smile, then hang up.

"Is that your other girlfriend, Tobin?" Alex asks me, hands on her hip.