Chapter 27

I woke up late, as the clock said it was almost noon. Yawning and rolling over, I get off the bed and throw some random clothes on. I staggered into the kitchen and saw Alex sitting next to a couple of my friends.

"Good morning everyone" I say in a voice that doesn't seem like it would be mine.

"Good morning Toby" Alex smiles at me. She is extremely peppy today. I don't see how anyone could be that excited in the morning.

I drop into the seat next to Alex, and she leans in for a kiss. I give her a kiss, and she keeps smiling at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing" Alex blushes and looks away, somewhere else.

I focus on the food now in front of me.

Before I could breathe, it was gone and put away in my stomach.

"Dang Tobin...you ate that really quickly" Kelley said.

"That's what she said" Said Syd, then we all had a laugh at that, including me and Alex.

"So Tobin and Alex, what are you going to do for the rest of summer?" JJ asked.

"Hang out, do nothing, go to the beach, Netflix and chill, longboard, walks in the park, the whole deal" I say, and it takes a moment for people to realize what I said.

"Mmhm-wait Netflix and chill!?!" Syd almost spits out her drink with laughter.

"What?" I ask.

Syd just shook her head and Alex kicked my leg under the table.

I winked at Alex, who rolled her eyes at me.

"Alex my dear, when was the last time we went on a date?" I ask her, grabbing Alex's hand.

"I don't remember" Alex said.

"Me either" I chuckle. "So what do you think about a date tonight? Just you and I" I smile.

"Cough And a bed cough" Syd said with fake coughs. Our friends laughed. I ignored them and waited for Alex's response.

"I would love to go on a date with you, Tobin Heath" Alex smiles confidently.

"Wonderful. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to figure out what we're going to do" I say, and stand up, then begin to walk to our room to try and whip up a good date idea.

I was thinking maybe I could take her to see a basketball game. Miami Heat or Orlando Magic. I know a few people who can get me hooked up with some great seats for a very low price, and that can work.

Calling up my friend, I get two floor seats for a low price. Then, a couple hours later, I have a plan and return to the living room where everyone is sitting, watching TV.

"Ah, and here we see a wild Tobin, in her natural habitat" Teases Moe. I roll my eyes and plop down next to Alex, and rest my head on her shoulder.

"Tobin did you find out the date spot?" Ash asked me.

"Yes" I smile.

"Well what is it?" Syd asks expectantly.

"I can't tell. But you could see it on snapchat or Instagram" I smirk.

"You're not going to tell Alex?" JJ asks.

"Nope" I say. Alex just stares at me, surprised. "What? Just dress sporty" I shrug.

"Can you please tell me?" Alex whines, showing me her puppy dog eyes. I stare at them for a moment longer, making sure I don't over do it and get stuck in her trans. Then I shake my head no. "Aw but why?" Alex whined, putting her face in the crook of my neck.