Chapter 25

I drive, hands gripped tightly to the wheel.

I couldn't wait until morning. I left Christen a note saying I went out for some air and I'd be back soon. It wont be long now until they figure out where I've gone.

I called Mom to get Perry's address. Chances are thats where she has Alex. Perry isn't smart enough to have her anywhere else.

At Perry's I don't bother knocking. I slam into the door until it pops open, and I dive in.

I don't say anything, although I'm sure Perry heard me walk in. Scratch that. More like break down the whole damn door to step three feet inside the place.

So quietly, I stalk through the house. Like an animal, I think.

I open a door, and it has stairs. The surprising part of it is that the stairs are leading up, not down, like in most horror stories. Yes, this is basically a horror story for me.

As I walk up the stairs, the floorboards creak and I pray that I am not being heard. Perry could head that I got in the house, but I'd rather have her not hear where I am at this exact moment in time.

Upstairs, I hear the rustle of chains.

Of course. Perry used chains. Of course she did, if that's even Alex.

I follow the sound, and peek through the door. My breath quickens. It's Alex. And standing next to her is Perry, with chains. Shes hitting Alex with chains.

Alex has a gag around her mouth, and her clothes are bloody and torn.

She's wearing my shirt. My red Nike shirt. There's rips through it.

"You took my sister from me" Perry says, and there's the heavy clang of the metal chains. She hits Alex. I grit my teeth. "And for that, you can die" she hits Alex again and Alex cries out.

I watch Perry walk into a different room.

Right as I'm sure she's in the other room, I daft to Alex and slide against the floor, right next to her. My lip trembles at the sight of her.

Her eyes go wide when she sees me. My hands go up to her gag and pull it down from her mouth.

"Tobin Tobin you cant be here when they find you they will kill you they wont hesitate" Alex hisses at me, but I just shake my head and wipe the corner of her mouth which is bloody.

"Alex I'm getting you out of here" I whisper, but then I hear footsteps.

"Tobin get out of here" Alex hisses.

"Alex I'm not leaving without you" I say, voice stern but really my heart is bursting into pieces.

"Hide! They're coming!" Alex hisses. I groan and put the gag back on her, and hide behind the door, wedged between the door and some wooden board.

Alex whimpers, and the person comes into my view. This time it isn't Perry. I feel anger boil up in me when I see it. Yes. It.

"Alex, I see you didn't leave" Idiot number 2 says. I see his nose is crooked from where I broke it. Idiot 1 looks like he has a broken arm. How? I don't know.

"No dip shit Neil. She's chained" Idiot 1 says.

"Shut up Keith" Idiot 2 AKA Neil says.

Keith stays silent.

"You caused us a lot of trouble, bitch. You put Tommy in jail, and when he gets out soon, he's going to have fun with you" Neil snorts.

"Thats right, we are gonna break Tommy Boy out! He's not gonna be a jailbird no more! Three days we breaking him out!" Keith says, and thats when I realize he's the stupid one.