Chapter 13

I wake up and go downstairs. Alex is awake, wearing yoga pants and a light blue t shirt, hair in a bun. She's cooking food. I sit down in my place at the table.

"Good morning Toby" Alex smiles at me.

"G'morning babe" I smile back. She sets a plate of pancakes in front of me. I finish them in two minutes, trying so hard to savor my food, but it didn't work well.

Alex was giggling at me, as I put a second helping of pancakes on my plate.

"Thank the Lord for Alex Morgan!" I praise and inhale my food, which makes Alex giggle even more.

After breakfast, we just hung around the tv.

"So Lex, today is Saturday. What'd ya wanna do today?" I ask.

"I dunno what do you wanna do today?" Alex asks.

"Your choice" I smile.

"Fine" She sighs, smiling. "You know, I always wanted to know how to longboard" She hints. A smile spreads across my face.

"Lex, you have to keep your legs apart" I laugh, as she puts her legs together standing on the board, trying desperately to not fall off. I stop her, and teach her, by putting her feet where they should be. Then, I send her off again, this time she does a lot better on my spare board.

"Hey, I think I've got the hang of it!" Alex says, then she hits a pebble and goes flying into the grass. I burst out laughing and clutch my stomach, falling over from laughing so hard. She pouts at me, trying to not laugh. "Not funny" She giggles.

"Very funny" I laugh, and walk over to give her a hand up. She takes it, but instead of getting up, she pulls me down and I land on her.

Now she's the one laughing really hard.

"Hey!" I laugh, rolling onto my back. She laughs and rolls onto me, hair going into my face. I brush it behind her ears.

She stares into my eyes, and kisses me lightly.

"Well hello" I say, smirking. She laughs one laugh and gets up. I get up too, and pull my own board out. "So uh, Lex. Do you think you've got it down?"

"Yeah sure. I just have to focus on not falling" She says.

"Awesome. I'll meet you at the bottom of the hill" I say, dropping my board onto the ground.

"Not if I meet you first!" Alex yells and we take off down the hill.

At the bottom of the hill, we stared at the colors of the sky. Golden clouds.

"God, I love Cali" I smile, draping my arm around Alex's shoulder and pulling her close to me. We carry our boards for a while.

Down some paved paths, there's a bunch of rock mini mountains. Small ledges, but the highest drop could be about fifty feet.

We hid our boards in bushes and climbed up the highest ledge. I draped my feet over the edge and sat down. Alex sat down next to me, and grabbed my hand and rubbed it with her thumb. I smiled at her and rested my head on her shoulder.

I heard laughter and loud voices. Frowning, I face the loud people. The person snickers at me and I stand up, angry.

"Well I'll be damned. Tobin Heath" Tom Jr said, with two ugly as sin boys behind him.

"On the way over here did you pick up animals from the animal shelter, or did those strays just follow you here thinking you were its mother" I say, and he laughs a snotty laugh.