Chapter 31

"Alex what are you doing?" I asked, as Alex jumped onto my back. We were in the hallway.

"I'm tired. Carry me" She says, and I roll my eyes, carrying her on my back.

"Hey lovebirds! Over here!" Ash calls, waving her arm. We stopped walking to our room and walked to Ash and Ali's room.

"What's goin on?" I ask.

"We're gonna hang in my room" Ash says. I nod and Alex and I go into their room, where we see everyone else.

My head starts to spin. I'm getting light headed. I place a hand to my head.

"Hey guys...give me a moment, I'll be back" I say, and set Alex down.

"Where are you going?" Alex asks, curious.

"For a walk, babe. I'll be back" I smile, and step outside. I walk on the boardwalk, and see someone walking towards me.

I get a bit nervous. The person keeps walking towards me. I clench a fist, ready to defend myself if necessary. The person is hooded and wearing dark clothes.

The keep at a constant pace, and pull something out. It's an orange bag. They slam it into my stomach. I gasp, and grip the bag.

I look back, and the person is gone. Frowning, I open the bag. Inside is a small orange paper package and a few contents at the bottom. I put everything away and put the bag over my shoulder, hurrying to the hotel room. Alex was already back to our room, and getting ready for bed. I slipped into the bathroom before she could say a word.

"Tobin?" She asked, knocking on the door. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah I'll be right out just give me a minute!" I call back.

I empty the contents of the bag on the soft rug so it won't make a noise.

What I see makes me weak at the knees. My hands tremble as I pick it up. Browning Hi Powered 9mm pistol. It's magazine was loaded and everything. My breathing quickened.

I dropped it, and it made a loud sound as the metal hit the floor.

"Tobin?" Alex asked. "Are you okay?" She asks me.

My throat is so dry.

"Y-Yea! Just gonna take a s-shower!" I yell, and turn the water on.

"Okay! I'll be waiting for you!" She calls back.

I don't touch the gun. Instead I look at the rest of the contents in the orange bag that I emptied. There's a couple passports.

A Brazilian passport. An English passport. A Spanish passport. An Australian passport. All under different names. I tear open the orange packet, and see papers.

They have pictures of people on them. Bad guys, I think. They all look evil. Also, each paper basically has a run down of each person. There's a printed letter.

Tobin Heath,

We have noticed your past history with drug lords and mercenaries. We are offering you a spot as an agent for the U.S. Government. If you decline this offer, return all the contents to the bag and leave the bag outside of your door. If you accept, keep it. You have by morning to decide. Tobin Heath, we are giving you a second chance at life, something your father would have taken. Please take this under serious consideration.