Chapter 40

*Not in any POV*

The funeral was short. They lowered the body into the six foot hole. She wiped her tears, and took a deep breath. She wouldn't let this death consume her, or mess with her head. She had to move on. They would have wanted it.

As their family members talked, it was almost her turn. Her turn to face everyone. Her turn to stand up there and look their family members in the eye, knowing that she couldn't have done anything to stop the death but wishing she had done more.

There must have been some thing she could have done. Some thing more. Some thing to stop it from happening.

But now she'll have to live the rest of her life with regrets. Regretting the things she didn't say. Regretting the things she didn't do.

As her name was called, no one spoke. No one looked as if they had any emotion. Just blank stares from the crowd. She spoke her mind, words flowing from her lips as if it were water from a faucet. She couldn't stop.

At one point she cried, because she felt as if she was the one who killed them.

They thanked her, and she sat down.

She stared straight ahead, and stared at the tombstone that was just laid.

As they began to put fistfuls of dirt on it, she was asked to do it.

She walked up and grabbed a big handful, and dropped it in the grave.

That's when she broke.

She collapsed to her knees in fits of sobs.

She killed this person.

If only she had done something.

If only...

If only they stopped them.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and she was helped to her feet. Thanking the person who helped her, she wiped her eyes and walked up to the tombstone.

She said words, calming words. Not for the body, but for herself. She had to calm herself.

She didn't know how she could keep doing what's she's doing, knowing that their death is staring them back in the eye.

"I can't do this" She sobs.

"You have to" He says.

She freezes. Did she just hear him?

She shook her head.

"Leave me alone" She says angrily. "I'm going to go crazy, hearing you"

He shook his head and left.

It was homicide.

And she was responsible.

A/N:so they died:( it was a hard decision, but someone had to die. Don't hate.
-Kennedy