Chapter 30

So I just walked over there normally. Alex wouldn't want me to freak, and I didn't feel like getting arrested for hurting someone at a rich person's beach party, if that makes any sense.

I walk over and stand by Alex.

"Hi Alex" I smile. She smiles back at me.

"Hey Toby" She grins.

"Who is this?" The man asks in a strong Russian accent.

"This is Tobin, my fiancé" Alex smiles at him, then turns to me. "Tobin, this is Antuan. He is from Russia" Alex smiles at me.

"Nice to meet you, Antuan" I smile, and shake his hand.

I sit next to Alex.

"You as well, Tobin" Antuan says. "So Alex this is your fiancé?" He questions.

"Yes" Alex smiles and grabs my hand.

"You two will make a lovely married couple" Antuan says, and I am glad I didn't storm over here and kick his ass and make a scene.

"Thank you Antuan" I say.

"No problem" He smiles. "I have a partner of my own, at my home in Georgia" He tells us.

"What's he like?" Alex asks.

"His name is Edris, and he is very nice. I love him a lot" Antuan tells us. "He is also from Russia"

"That is nice. Maybe you would consider coming to our wedding?" Alex asks. Then I realize that she just invited a random stranger to our wedding.

Well, Antuan is a stranger to me because I have only known him for two minutes.

"I would love to" He grins. "How long have you and Tobin known each other?" He asks.

"Since our junior year in high school" Alex smiles at me. I nod.

"That is a long time" He says to us.

"It is" I say. Well sort of. Alex and I are still very young.

We talk for a while, and he talks about his partner Edris. Edris and Antuan sound like a nice couple and very nice guys.

"When is your wedding going to be?" I ask Antuan. He smiles.

"Edris and I are already married" He says, and displays a ring.

"Congratulations!" Alex says immediately.

"Thank you" He smiles.

"How long have you two been married?" I ask.

"For three years" He says. "It's going to be four years in two months"

"That's amazing" I tell him truthfully. "You two are a blessed couple to be together for that long and counting" I grin. He nods.

"That you Tobin. When do you and Alex get married?" Antuan asks us.

"I'm not sure. Soon, hopefully" I say to Alex and she nods.

"Love is a blessing from God. You find some one that loves you and you love them, then you are truly blessed and have received the ultimate blessing" Antuan smiles at us both. I nod. This man is actually really nice. I wouldn't mind having him come to Alex and my wedding. It would actually be quite fun.

"Hey Lex!" A drunk Syd comes staggering over.

"Hi Sydney" Alex smiles, calling her by her full name which she never does.

"Lex who's the dude?" Syd asks. "Does Tobin know about this?" She asks in a somewhat quieter voice.

"Hey Syd" I say.

"Tobin!" Syd grins. "Don't look now, but Alex is talking with some dude over here" Syd jams her thumb over her shoulder at Alex and Antuan. Alex and Antuan are trying to not laugh.

"Really? Maybe I better go talk to her" I grin.

"Probably should" Syd grins, then staggers off. "I'm going to find Ash!" She yells.

When she leaves, we all begin to laugh.

"That, Antuan, was our dear friend Sydney Leroux. She usually isn't drunk like that" I say trying to control my laughter.

"She seems like a nice lady" Antuan says.

"Yes. She is very nice" I say.

"And sarcastic" Alex laughs.

"Sarcasm is healthy for the brain" Antuan grins.

"You seem like a smart guy. Where did you go to college?" I ask.

"Yale" He smiles and grins at our stunned expressions.

"You're joking" Alex says, stunned.

"That school is almost impossible to get into!" I exclaimed. He laughed.

"Almost impossible" He says. "But it's true. I got a degree in medical" he tells us.

"Good for you, man. Good for you" I grin.

"Yeah well I worked hard to get to where I am. You don't get much of an opportunity in Russia" Antuan says.

"Yeah, I heard it was a bit rough there from war back a while ago, and it is still recovering today" I say.

He nods.

"Tobin that is very true" He says. "But I do not agree with what my country is doing right now. Taking land that doesn't belong to them, it's shameful. Ukraine is such a good nation and to have Russia attack them, it looks bad on the rest of us Russians. That is another reason why I moved to USA. I wanted no part in what the Russians back home were doing. I know Ukraine was good and would never do any of the propaganda they showed us. I left with Edris and came to New York first to get citizenship, then we found our place at Yale" Antaun tells us. "We decided our move to Georgia was good because it was a warm climate" He says.

"That's amazing. I hope our love story is just as grand as yours, Antaun" Alex smiles.

"I'm sure it will be" Antaun smiles back.

"What do you say to joining my friends and I tomorrow here at the beach? We can get to know each other better" I say.

"That sounds great. Thank you for the invitation" Antuan says to us.

"Anytime. We're friends now, and that's what friends do, am I right?" I grin.

"Yes" He nods.

This brings my thoughts back to Christen's claims on kissing being what friends do. You don't see Alex or I kissing Antuan, even though he is a good looking human being, do you?

See Christen, this is what real friends actually do.

A/N: So I know this chapter was short, but it was sort of a filler chapter. What do you think of it? What do you think will happen next? Please comment, I love reading your comments. They're always awesome. Leave suggestions below and stuff.

Also, go check out a book I just published called 'The Commander's Daughter' I'm sure you will like it!
-Kennedy