Chapter 34

What happened with Kelley and Hope made me a bit nervous. I would like to think Alex would never do what Hope did to Kelley. I'm sure Alex wouldn't. But I can't help but think that maybe Alex is doing the same thing. That thought is pushed aside when Alex curled up into a ball and rested her head in my lap as we sat on the couch the next morning, watching the coach of the USWNT have a press conference with some reporter.

"I will be looking for a lot of new, young, talented players" She says.

Alex perks up and so do I.

"That could be us" Alex whispers. I nod.

The press conference is over.

Alex fixed up the place a bit and Junior followed her around curiously.

"Alex, when do you want our wedding to be?" I ask her.

She thinks about it, watering some red flowers.

"I think maybe this fall, when the colors on the trees look perfectly amazing" Alex tells me, and I nod, imagining it all.

"Where do you want it, is the new question" I say, and watch her set the watering thingy in the sink and then get a glass of water from the refrigerator. She takes a sip.

"Somewhere there is a lot of trees that are nice colors" She says, setting her glass down after another drink.

"And our honeymoon?" I ask her.

"Mexico" She nods.

"Sounds perfect" I say.

She nods and sits down at the kitchen table.

"We have to work out all the details, and of course, all the guests" Alex says, and I agree sitting down at the table next to her.

••••foreverhourslater••••

"Thank God we are finished planning. That took forever" I groan, leaning back in the kitchen seat and patting Junior who came over curiously on the head.

"You have to admit it was kind of fun" Alex says.

"Not really" I shake my head.

"Well the fun part is just about to begin" Alex says, grabbing my laptop and turning it on before setting it in front of me.

"What fun part?" I ask.

"Well we get to design the wedding invitations! We already have the guests, we just have to decorate the wedding invitations for our guests!" Alex says. "And we're not done after we finish that part"

"Not done?" I ask in disbelief.

"Nope. We have to plan every little bit" Alex says, and I groan.

"Like what?" I ask, getting the invitations set up. She smiles.

"Bridal salons, reception venues, photographers, DJ's, florists, videographers, wedding bands, wedding cakes, and Tobin are you going to wear a dress or a suit?" Alex asks me. I think about it.

"Suit" I say, and Alex smiles.

"So you will need to pick out your 'groomsmen' or whatever and your 'best man' okay?" Alex says, and I nod, putting together a mental list of people.

"Bluewater Kings Band" I blurt out.

"What?" Alex asks.

"Bluewater Kings Band. My brother had them at his wedding. They're good. We can get them for a while and then switch to DJ's as the night trails on, you know?" I say, and Alex agrees with a quick nod and writing down more stuff.