Chapter 4

"Ash" I say, when she came to collect me at my locker for lunch.

"Wassup?" She asks.

"I'm going to Alex's parents house tonight" I say.

"And you're coming to me for advice?" She asks. I nod. "Well, be very polite. Not too polite so they know it's fake, but just enough that they know you actually care" Ash says. "Always say 'sir' and 'ma'am' when speaking to her parents, even when they ask you to call them by their first names. It's polite and right"

I nod. I'm learning from the best.

"Oh and if you hold Alex's hand, it's a bonus because they see that you're a loving person" She says as we get closer to the table.

"Thanks Ash, you're a life saver" I grin, fist bumping her.

"I've had practice" She smirks.

We sit down at lunch, and I'm tapping my foot, full of nerves.

Alex rests her hand on my leg.

"Are you alright Toby?" Alex asks.

"I'm fine Lex" I smile at her.

"Aw! You've already got nicknames for each other! That's adorable!" JJ coos.

Alex blushes, but I just smile and peck her cheek.

"Ahh! Cuteness overload!" Kling grabs her heart and falls out of her seat. Moe laughs and drags her up and into her seat again.

Alex kisses my cheek back, and rubs her nose against mine slowly, and everyone squeals.

I kiss her forehead, and Christen and JJ are going crazy. We are really putting on a show.

"I've gotta get to class" I check my watch. "Bye babe" I wink, getting up after giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Bye Toby" she grins.

As I walk away, the table erupts in squeals and yelling and just being girls.

I laugh and get to class. That was a nice distraction to my freaking out about meeting Alex's parents.

••••••••••••••••••••

The time came. And I was a nervous wreck. I replayed Ash's and my conversation over and over again in my head, but that didn't make me any less nervous.

I drove my bike with Alex on the bike as I always do after school.

Alex grabbed my hand, and began to walk me towards the front door. I froze, and Alex reeled back into me.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Just nervous" I whisper, fixing my hair.

"Don't be. I'm sure they'll love you" She smiles, kissing my cheek. Her kiss calmed me down.

"Alright" I smile.

"It's cute" She smiles. "The way you get nervous like this"

"Alex, you're the only one who was this effect on me. I don't wanna mess up with you" I say.

"You're so cute" She chuckles, hugging me.

I smile.

Then, she continues to walk to the door, I let her drag me. Then, she opens the door. The only thought that's going through my head is 'I can't do this'.