Chapter 17

Ned was the first to arrive. I stayed hidden in my room.

"Hey Ned!" Alex smiled.

"H-Hi Alex" Ned says.

I smile at his voice.

Ned really is a good kid.

Then the soccer team filed into our living room. Everyone on the soccer team. I heard Hope even came.

"How are you holding up, Alex?" Ash asked.

"I..I figured out a way to cope with things" Alex says.

"I know you miss her, we all do. We love her Alex, but it's probably best if you let it go. I'm not saying forget her. I'm just saying accept it" Syd says. I smile. Everyone thinks I'm dead.

"Don't you wish she was here with us?" Alex asks, pretending to be sad.

Everyone mutters 'yeah's and 'uhuh'.

"Hey Ned, can you get something from my room, I think I left a box in there. Could you grab it for me?" Alex asks.

"Sure thing" Ned says.

"Thanks pal" Alex says.

Ned opens the door, and I put a hand over his mouth so he doesn't freak out and ruin the surprise. His eyes water, and he hugs me.

"Hello to you, kid" I say quietly.

"I thought you were dead!" Ned hisses.

"So did everyone else" I smile. "Can you help me surprise my teammates?" I ask. He nods.

"What's the plan?" He asks.

"You wheel me in" I say.

"That was pretty straight forward" He said.

"Yeah well...that's all I got" I scratch the back of my neck.

He nods, and wheels me in.

"Is this what you forgot?" Ned asks Alex.

Only Alex looks over first. I notice everyone else is upset. Then, slowly everyone looks over to me.

"Yep that's it" Alex grins.

"TOBIN" everyone cries out and suddenly the room is filled with tears of joy. I'm getting hugs and kisses on the cheek from everyone.

"You asshole you were dying" Ash said loudly in my ear.

"Okay everyone, as much as I love you all, I'd like to breathe" I smile. Everyone backs up about two feet. "Thanks"

"Don't ever do that again" Kelley wipes her eyes which are soaked.

"I'm not planning on it" I smile at them.

So I tell them everything they want to know. We have dinner, and everyone leaves.

"Tobin" Alex says.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I know you don't like tattoos, but I want to get one with you. Would you live the rest of your life with me?" She asks.

"Yes" I grab her hand. "I would go forever with you" This makes her smile.

"Let's get a tattoo together" Alex says. This makes me hesitate.

"Alright, only because I love you" I kiss her.

That night, we got matching tattoos on our arms. Alex got a blue fox and I got a red fox. I don't normally like tattoos, but this one was special, and I loved it.