Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Dair

“Are you going to answer my questions now?”  I asked, irritated.

Harry had walked me down to an open field, also stopping at an ice cream truck that had parked for a few minutes down the road to get himself a popsicle.  He had offered to get me one but after just having breakfast, I wasn’t hungry.  I was more focused on getting some answers out of him, and I could tell he was prolonging it.

We sat under a tree, shaded from the sun as Harry eagerly licked away at his popsicle.

“I’m almost done.”  He said between licks.

I crossed my arms over my chest, pursing my lips as I glared at him.  A smirk curved up at the ends of his mouth as he quickly glanced at me through the corner of his eye, still lapping up his popsicle.

I rolled my eyes and turned to watch the empty street, it was so quiet where we were.  It was nice.

“Hey!  Where do you think you’re going?!”  I stood up just as I realized Harry was walking away.

He swiftly turned to me, waving his clean popsicle stick between his thumb and forefinger.  “I’m putting my popsicle stick in the trash.  Sit down, I’ll be right back.”

I slowly sat back down, keeping my eyes on him as I watched him walk towards the nearby trash can.  I couldn’t help but notice how his back muscles shifted and contracted as he walked, the thin V-neck he wore allowed me to almost completely see how defined he was.  The tight jeans he wore also showed off a good outline of his bum.  A deep breath escaped my lips as I admired him.

My eyes shot up to his face as he suddenly turned around and walked back to me.  A wide smirk plastered on his face.

“W-What are you smiling at?”  I stuttered.

“Good thing your pretty little eyes aren’t lasers or they’d have burned right through my back just now.”

He continued to smirk at me as he sat down beside me, positioning himself so he was propped up on his side, hands linked in front of him with one leg stretched out and the other bent at the knee.  He almost looked like a model; he was probably doing it on purpose.

I shyly looked away from him, feeling my cheeks flush a little as I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

“Dair?”

My heart skipped a beat as he spoke my name and I slowly brought my eyes up to meet his.

“Your questions?”  He reminded me.

“Oh…right.”  I said nervously.  Harry smiled, amused by how shy and flushed I had gotten because of him.

“What’s that thing you do with your eyes?”  I asked.

He grinned.  “You mean this?”  His eyes suddenly started to swirl like they had before and I quickly pulled my eyes away, closing them tightly.

I heard him chuckle.  “It’s okay.  I can’t make you do anything against your will with it.  I can only fog your mind and relax you.”

I re-opened my eyes and cautiously turned back to face him.  “You can’t like…hypnotize people?”

He grinned again.  “No…sometimes powers can grow, so in the future I could develop that ability but for now, that’s all I can do.”  His expression turned serious.  “But there are some vampires who have mind control abilities and such.  A lot of vampires’ abilities are in their eyes but it can be in their voice, their touch, anything.”