Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Dair

I had a short shift today at the café.  I only had to work from 7am until 12pm and then the other girl that worked at the café came in to take over.  I quickly changed back into my regular clothes and said goodbye to Enrique before heading out.

As I walked down the sidewalk I got an eerie feeling that I was being watched.  I stopped and slowly turned around, no one was there.  There were people walking in and out of places but there was no one watching me or following me by the looks of it.  It was daylight anyway, no one would bother trying to kidnap me or attack me during broad daylight with all these people around.

I continued walking home, humming happily to myself when I was suddenly grabbed from behind, one arm wrapped tightly around me and a hand held firmly against my mouth as I let out muffled screams.  I kicked and thrashed as I was effortlessly pulled aside into a small, dark area.

My back was pressed against a wall; surprisingly my attacker was gentle and didn’t shove me into the wall like an attacker normally would.

“Baby, it’s me.”

I stopped squirming and looked up to meet the sparkling green eyes staring widely at me.

He slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth, a smirk appearing on his face.

“Harry, you scared me!”  I breathed.

He laughed.  “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to scare you…much.”

I smacked his arm which only caused him to laugh more and started to walk away from him but he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back into him.

I sucked in my bottom lip, fighting back a smile. 

Harry spun me around and placed me back up against the wall, one hand securely holding my waist as he reached up and placed his other hand on the wall just above my head.  Dimples poked out as he smirked, taking his bottom lip between his teeth.

“How did you find me here?”  I asked softly.

“You’re not hard to sniff out.”  He grinned.  “I was actually on my way to visit you at work but I saw you walking so I thought I’d sneak up on you.”

He stood tall as he hovered over me.  I almost had a perfect view down the white button up shirt he wore.  The first three or four buttons were left undone, exposing his bare chest underneath along with his cross necklace and part of the tattoos inked into his collarbones.  I let out a shaky breath and hastily brought my eyes back up to meet his.

His grin widened slightly.  “If it pleases you to stare, you can continue.”

I gaped at him and shoved a hand in front of his face as I turned away from him.  He lightly gripped my hand and brought it down to my side, holding it firmly causing me to turn back to see what he was doing.  As soon as I brought my head back, his lips pressed against mine.  His soft lips dominated me as he kissed me slowly and the feeling of his lips on mine made my head spin.

“There’s a restaurant nearby, let’s go have a lunch date.”  He spoke as he pulled away from me.

I simply nodded bringing a smile to Harry’s face as he took my hand and tugged me along.

***

I nervously shifted my eyes from my food to Harry to my food and back to Harry again.  Harry surprisingly hadn’t noticed that I kept looking at him, he had his head down as he ate his food.