Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Dair

“DAIR WAKE UP!”

I groaned and lazily brought a hand up to cover my ear as I kept my eyes tightly closed.  I was laying on my side therefore my other ear was pressed into my pillow.  I felt Faye jump onto my bed, nearly crushing my feet as she did.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE!”  She shouted.

I groaned again, refusing to move or open my eyes.

“Aw come on now, that’s not the way to respond to a birthday greeting!”  She said in an overly perky tone.

Faye slapped my bum playfully hard making me jolt forward.  “Come on!  Time to get up and enjoy your day!”

I opened my eyes, squinting from the light coming in through my window from the open blinds and peeked at the clock on my bedside table.

“Faye, it’s 7am, if I get up at all, it will not be until at least 11am.”  I said sleepily as I threw my head back onto my pillow and closed my eyes again.

“Aw Dair, you don’t want to spend your whole birthday in bed!”  She pouted.

“Yes I do.”  I muttered.

“If Harry was here you would be rushing to get out of bed.”  She said quietly.

“Not at 7am I wouldn’t be.”  I replied.

“Liar.”  Faye retorted.  I could almost hear the smirk in her voice.

“Leave me alone.”  I moaned as I tugged my comforter up to pull it over my head but Faye grabbed it and yanked it down.

“No!  You are getting out of bed if I have to yank you out of it myself or even call Harry to come and do it!”

“You don’t even have his cell number.”  I mumbled.

She didn’t respond and I felt her get up off my bed.  I was a little suspicious but I cuddled my pillow and started to let myself fall back asleep.

I must have only been asleep for twenty minutes or less when I felt Faye climb back on my bed, at least she was gentle this time and didn’t nearly crush my feet.

I kept my eyes closed as I waited for her to start nagging me again but she was strangely quiet, not saying a word at all.

A hand lightly brushed a bit of my hair back, twirling the ends.

My eyes shot open when familiar fingers danced along my arm.

“HARRY!”  I shrieked, holding my comforter tightly to my chest.

He smiled brightly, green eyes glistening as he said, “Good morning, beautiful.  Happy Birthday.”

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“Faye called me and asked me to come over since you weren’t waking up for her.”  He chuckled.  “I told her I was ‘in the area’ and that I would get over here as soon as I can.”  He winked as if to send me a signal.  He probably meant that he used his vampire speed to get here quickly.

He peered at me, looking deep into my eyes as he tilted his head slightly and smiled.  “You’re cute when you’re sleepy.”

I couldn’t understand why but I just couldn’t speak.  Maybe it was the fact that Harry was sitting on my bed, propped up by one of his hands that rested at my side, looking so beautiful in his black t-shirt with his necklaces dangling.  I kind of wished he had worn one of his white shirts and with his blazer; the black shirt and black jeans gave off that rebellious bad boy image, which wasn’t necessarily a false image, but I wanted Faye to trust him, she was already very suspicious of him.