Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Dair

I was frantic, kicking and thrashing as I watched Tyler compel Harry.  Jack had gotten annoyed by my shouting for Harry to fight it and slapped a piece of duct tape on my mouth.

Tyler pulled away from Harry, his nose was bleeding and he looked exhausted.  I guessed it took a hell of a lot of strength for Tyler to use his power on another vampire.

I tried to call out to Harry but the tape prevented me from saying a word.

He shook his head before looking up at Jack and Tyler.  The three of them suddenly turned to me.  I gulped as fear struck through me.

Harry’s eyes were blood red, his fangs were out, and he was smiling at me; not a comforting smile either.  The way he was looking at me, it wasn’t the way he usually looked at me, he was looking at me like he was starving and I was the big feast.

The way our eyes locked made me uncomfortable; I squeezed my eyes shut, wondering how I was going to get out of this.

Suddenly, it felt like the ropes around my wrists had vanished and I didn’t feel anything covering my mouth.

I opened my eyes to find myself standing in the doorway of a small, empty room.  Harry, Jack, and Tyler were all standing just outside of it.  I went to step through the doorway but I smacked into something, preventing me from leaving the room.  I couldn’t see anything keeping me in, the doorway was open, but I couldn’t leave!  It was like there was an invisible door there!

The three vampires were all grinning at me and it was scaring the hell out of me.  I turned my back to them and leaned against whatever invisible thing was keeping me in the room.

I took a few deep breaths as I tried to figure out what they were planning and what was happening.  How did I magically appear in this room and no longer tied to the wall?

I was staring at the wall across from me.  It almost seemed to be slowly moving towards me.  I must be going crazy, I thought.

I shifted to lean against another wall but again, the walls seemed to be moving closer to me.  I could feel my heart starting to beat rapidly; I had claustrophobia, no one knew this except for Faye, her parents, and my parents.  I haven’t told Harry…I’m not really sure why I never told him, maybe I didn’t trust him as much as I thought?

My eyes widened as the thought hit me.  Harry’s power…he had the ability to bring people’s greatest fears to life.

I whipped around to look at the three of them, Harry was standing in the middle, smiling wildly.  Was he doing this?

“Harry!  Let me out of here!”  I banged on the invisible door.

He stayed motionless, his smile widening.

“Harry, I’m scared!  Please stop this!”  I cried.

I turned back to face the walls that kept coming closer and closer.

This couldn’t be real.  Maybe it was an illusion.  Maybe if I concentrated and didn’t let the fear get to me this would all just go away.  Harry’s power had to be in the mind because he wasn’t doing anything to me physically, he was making me think I was trapped in this small room with the walls caving in on me.  I wasn’t a hundred percent sure but I had to go with it, the other option was that this is real and I have no way out and I’m screwed.

I squeezed my eyes shut and muttered to myself, “I’m not afraid.  This is just an illusion, it’s not real.”

I opened my eyes to see that the walls were even closer and still moving; in about sixty seconds I was going to be flattened.