Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Harry

I tousled my hair as I made my way back to my room.  My towel rested around my hips as I held my jeans in my hand for me to change back into.

I walked in not sure what I had expected Dair to be doing but an automatic smile spread across my face when I saw her.  She was sound asleep, lying on her side, facing me.  Her legs were bent and she had one hand resting by her face on the pillow and the other rested further down on the bed just in front of her chest.

I slowly walked up to her, careful not to wake her as I sat on the edge of the bed.

I bit my lip, smiling as I scanned her from head to toe.  Beautiful wavy, brown hair rested along her back, some of it draped over her shoulder.  She wore her denim jacket and a beautiful white sundress underneath.  The dress went just above her knees in length, allowing me to see her beautifully shaped legs and her cute little feet.

As my eyes slowly trailed back up her body I couldn’t get the mental image of Dair naked and tangled in my bed sheets out of my head.  My lips curved up more as I harshly chewed my bottom lip.  Her sweet smile and big, blue eyes…it was always a sight that warmed my heart.  Assuming I had a heart.  I wasn’t a hundred percent sure considering I wasn’t human anymore. 

She started to move but only to grab onto the pillow and cuddle it closer to her.  I wanted to brush her hair back so I could see her face completely, I wanted to run my fingers along her arm like I usually did, but I didn’t want to wake her.  I’d have to take her jacket off of her to touch her arm anyway, and that would definitely wake her up.

I cupped her leg and rubbed it lightly.  A low hum escaped from Dair’s lips causing a shiver to trickle down my spine.  She had no idea how much I wanted her.  And I’m not talking about her blood; I wanted her.  To hear her laugh as I tickled her and teased her, to see her smile after I kissed her, hear my name come from her mouth in the form of a moan as I pleased her…but I couldn’t.

“Harry?” 

I smiled, hearing the gentle whisper of my name being called.  Dair’s head was slightly lifted from the pillow as she peered at me with sleepy eyes.

I reached forward, taking one of her hands in mine and rubbed my thumb softly over her knuckles.  “I’m here, baby.”

“Did you just get out of the shower?”  She asked.

I laughed.  “Yes, not too long ago.”

She rubbed her eyes with her free hand and blinked away sleep.  “I must have dozed off while I was waiting for you.”

“It’s alright.  I don’t mind admiring you while you sleep.”  I grinned.

I was expecting her to slap me in the arm or react somewhat disapprovingly but instead she faintly smiled as she sat up and wrapped her arms around my neck loosely.

I rested my head against hers and closed my eyes, focussing on my breathing to calm myself down.  I didn’t want to ruin another tender moment between us.

I put my arms around her; she was small compared to me, my arms practically engulfed her.  She pressed her body into me, sitting up on her knees and drawing her hands back a bit to hold my neck.  I looked up at her; she frowned, noticing that I was straining.

“I’m alright.”  I whispered assuredly.

I sensed her hesitation and she started to pull away from me.  I tightened my arms around her to stop her.