Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Harry

Dair sat at the kitchen table, resting her head on one of her hands as she looked down, seemingly lost in thought.

I was busy at the counter, fixing up a few drinks for her, she didn't seem to notice. I found it odd that Jack stopped Faye from using her power on us. Maybe he just didn't want us to know what she could do yet, but that didn't seem right. If I knew Jack, he would be anxious for Faye to use her powers on us, especially me. That's why he's taken her under his wing. He wants to corrupt her, teach her how to fight and be a real cold-blooded vampire.

Jack had a plan; I had no doubt about it. Either both he and Faye were plotting something or just Jack. I didn't know what but I was sure that there was definitely a plan afoot.

Dair's eyebrows furrowed, looking at me confused as I set down a few shot glasses in front of her and took a seat beside her.

"What is this?"

"Shots." I smirked.

She picked up one of the shot glasses, examining it as she contorted her face.

"It's just alcohol, Dair. You're nineteen, you're legal and I'll make sure you don't go overboard, just drink."

"And why are you encouraging me to drink?" She asked suspiciously.

"Because tonight you're going to forget about everything that's going on and you're just going to have fun with me." I stated, smiling.

"You're not going to drink?"

I chuckled. "Well, yes of course. But I don't know if I can get drunk with being a vampire. If I can, I'm guessing it would take a lot."

Dair still held the shot glass in her hand and hesitantly started to bring it close to her lips. I picked up a shot glass and held it out to her to which she shyly clinked her glass against mine.

She watched as I threw my head back and gulped down the liquid. There was a brief burn in my throat as I slapped the glass down on the table and smirked back at her while she stared at me with wide eyes.

She parted her lips a little as she tipped her glass up.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing as I saw her squeeze her eyes shut, the burn from the alcohol spreading in her throat.

"You get used to the burn after a few shots." I assured her.

She shot me an unconvinced look before slowly picking up another glass and bringing it up to her lips.

About an hour later, Dair definitely wasn't feeling the burn anymore.

"Harryyyyy, we should daaance!" She spoke, slurring her words.

I laughed. "If that's what you want to do."

I got up from my seat and held my hand out to her. She placed her hand lightly in mine as I hoisted her up. She stumbled into my arms causing me to laugh again at her clumsy actions.

"Am I floating?" She asked dully.

"No, babe." I said, chuckling. "It's just the alcohol."

I held her tight to keep her standing as she leaned into me, lazily wrapping her hands around my neck and resting her head on my shoulder.

I pulled my cellphone from my pocket, setting it to play a slow song before putting it on the table.

I rocked Dair back and forth to the music, feeling her nuzzle her face in the crook of my neck and place light kisses to the skin. Her warm breath laced with the smell of alcohol washed over me as she giggled against my skin.