Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Harry

It’s been two days since I had taken blood from Dair.  She hasn’t woken up since she had fallen asleep beside me and I was really starting to panic.

I was sitting on a chair against the wall of my room, facing my bed which Dair still slept in.  The only time I left was to get some blood from the blood bags I had stored. 

Faye had called and texted numerous times and I could tell she was getting more and more suspicious.  I started to answer her messages and told her Dair was really sick but that she would be okay she just needed to rest.  Faye would ask what was wrong with her but I did my best to avoid answering that question.  Whenever she would ask to talk to her I would say she was either sleeping or in the bathroom, she didn’t like that and if Dair didn’t wake up soon Faye was probably going to assume I had hurt her.  Even though that was true, I had to keep that piece of information from Faye.

I had also called Dair’s work for her and informed Enrique that she was sick and that I would get her to call him when she was feeling up to it.  He was a lot easier to convince than Faye.

I rested my elbow on the arm of the chair, two fingers pressed to my temple as I stared at Dair’s body.  I watched her chest rise and fall rhythmically and I just wanted her to wake up.  I deserved to suffer like this but she didn’t.  She had to be okay, she had to.

I froze when I saw Dair start to stir.  She rolled onto her side, eyes still closed as she felt across the bed.  She was feeling for me.

“Harry?”  She mumbled sleepily, still moving her hand on the bed.

I scrambled to get up and rushed over to her.  

“Hey, baby.”  I said quietly.  “How are you feeling?”

“Is this heaven?”  She replied, seemingly dazed as she looked up at me hovering over her.

I chuckled.  “Not quite.  Do you remember what happened?”

A small part of me had hoped that somehow she would have forgotten what I had done.

“Um…yeah.”  She rubbed her eyes adorably.  “I got you to drink from me.”

I faintly smiled.

“How long have I been asleep?”  She asked, her voice raspy with tiredness.

“Two days.”

Her eyes widened.  “TWO DAYS?!”

I nodded.  “I was really worried.”

She didn’t say anything.

“But you’re going to be fine now.  I’ll see to that.”  I brushed her arm lightly with the back of my hand and smiled at her.

“How are you feeling?”  I asked again.

“Still a little tired.”  She answered.  “But I feel like I have some of my strength back.”

“Good.”  I said, relieved.

A short musical tone sounded and I quickly grabbed Dair’s cellphone and handed it to her.

“Faye’s been calling and texting quite a lot.  I’ve stalled for you as much as I could, telling her you were sleeping or in the bathroom.  You should talk to her before she rounds up a bunch of people with pitch forks to come and kill me.”

She took the phone from me and slid her finger across the screen to answer it.

“Hey, Faye.”