Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Dair

My eyes slowly fluttered open.  Calm, warm breaths washed over my neck from behind me as I lay on my side.  I smiled, feeling a gentle finger tracing small circles on my back.

I lazily turned onto my back, turning my head to smile at the beautiful curly-haired boy staring back at me.

“Good morning, dearest Dair.”  Harry’s raspy voice spoke, soft smile widening slightly.

I chuckled.  “Good morning.”

“Did you sleep well?”  He propped himself up on his elbow, leaning over me and brushing his fingers through my hair.

I nodded.

A flicker of confusion crossed his face.

“You’re surprised...why?”

I blinked, slightly taken aback.  Despite his vampire abilities, I didn’t expect him to sense the tiny bit of surprise I had when I found him lying next to me.

“I…I just wasn’t sure if you would leave again.”  I said nervously, cowering back a little.

I half expected him to get mad at me for thinking that, even if it was just a small thought, but his expression was sympathetic.

His hand came down from my hair to cup my arm, rubbing it soothingly. 

“No, Dair.”  He said, shaking his head.  “I won’t ever leave you again.  As long as you want me around and in your life, I will stay.”

I grabbed his face, shifting closer to him and pressed my lips firmly to his.

“I decided I wanted you in my life a long time ago.  I’ve never regretted that decision, Harry.”

My hand still held the back of his neck as I peered up at him.  A gentle smile rested on his face.

“I take it last night was good?”  He cocked his eyebrows while biting his lip.

I breathily giggled, leaning my head close to his.  “It was…heavenly.”

He grinned and slowly rejoined our lips.

“Dair!”  A voice called, followed by a knock.  “Are you awake?”

My eyes widened.  “Oh God, Faye!”

I shoved Harry off the bed, catching him off guard, and scrambled to get up from the bed, wrapping the sheet around me to shield my body.

“Just a second, Faye!”  I shouted as I grabbed Harry’s clothes, walked around to his side where he was picking himself back up from the floor, shoved his clothes to his chest and tugged him towards the closet.

“Dair-”

“SHH!”  I cut him off, opening the closet and shoving him in.

Coming back to the bed, I grabbed my clothes and threw them under the sheet before climbing back into the bed, still covered with the sheet, hoping that Faye wouldn’t notice I was naked.

“Alright, you can come in.”  I spoke, my body shaking from the anxiety of trying to hide Harry and any evidence of last night.

The door opened not a moment too soon and Faye peeked in, slightly narrowing her eyes.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”  She asked.

“I’m…alright.”  I lied.  Alright was a huge understatement after last night.