Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Dair

“Am I dreaming?”  I asked, rubbing my eyes again.

He faintly smiled.  “No, Dair.  This isn’t a dream.”

I hadn’t seen him wearing a beanie before.  His whole outfit was a relaxed look.  Green beanie, long grey t-shirt with a red heart near the corner that had the word “lover” in the middle of it, tight blue jeans and his converse sneakers.  Meanwhile I was standing here in my bare feet wearing the blue nightie he had bought me for my birthday.

“I brought you something.”  He added, bringing his hands out from behind his back to reveal a red rose.

I stepped forward, lightly pushing him out into the hall and closed the door behind me.

“So what, you think you can just bring me a rose and that makes up for disappearing without warning?  And don’t you dare say you were away all this time to find me a rose.  I’m not that naïve.”  I snapped.

His hurt expression made me want to apologize right away, but I wasn’t going to let him think he could just do something like this and then give me a gift and everything would be fine again.

“I’m sorry…”  He said quietly as he looked to the ground.

“Saying you’re sorry doesn’t make it okay!”  I spat.

“What do you want me to do, Dair?!”  He yelled back.

“Tell me why you left me!  Tell me why you left especially after I told you how I really felt and instead of saying it back you brush it off and then you leave!  Tell me why, Harry!”

I yelped as Harry gripped my arms and shoved me against the door.

“I’m sorry I-”

Harry’s head flung to the side as my hand made harsh contact with his cheek.  He placed a hand protectively to the side of his face as he looked at me with shocked eyes.

“Don’t get physical with me just because you’re angry that I’m not letting this go.”  I said sternly.

“I left to protect you!”  He yelled.                                                                           

“Keep your voice down.”  I said through gritted teeth.

He huffed in frustration before lowering his voice.  “You’re the one making this hard, Dair.”

I raised my eyebrows.  “Excuse me?”

He stepped closer to me, backing me up against the door again.  This time he gently placed his hands on my sides as he gave me that trademark smirk of his.

“I can sense that you’ve already forgiven me.”  His lips brushed against my ear as he nibbled on it lightly.  “So why are you making this difficult?”

I shoved him away and glared at him.  “I can’t control how I feel but I can control my actions and I choose not to let you off easy.  You can’t charm your way out of this, Harry.”

He looked away, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

I shook my head in disbelief.  “How can you just stand there and not feel bad for hurting me like that?”

I blinked back the tears starting to form in my eyes.  Harry noticed.

He reached his arms out to pull me into a hug but I held my hands up to make him stay back.