Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Harry

“Shit.  The motherfucker’s a vampire!”  Jack blurted out.

“Surprise.”  The vampire hunter/vampire said with a grin.

I forced myself to stand, still clutching my stomach from the lingering pain.

“DAIR!”  I hollered as he tightened his grip on her throat.

The vampire hunter/vampire laughed.  “Now you get to watch this pathetic human that you love so much die in my hands.  I was going to reveal myself after I killed you and then suck Dair dry as well as Faye when I turned her human again and then kill Jack but this works too.”

“You backstabbing son of a bitch!”  Jack spat.

I have to save Dair, I thought.

I staggered as I tried to hold my palm out to him, willing myself to move him with my mind.

I heard him chuckle.  “Do you really think I’m going to be that easy to move, Harry?”

I glared at him.

Suddenly Jack sprang forward, throwing his fist hard into the vampire’s jaw.  I was surprised when I saw him instantly drop Dair and stumble off to the side.  With how strong he was I didn’t think Jack or I would stand much of a chance against him.

Dair quickly crawled over to Faye who lay sprawled out on the floor, her stomach now covered in blood.

I was back to full strength now and I took full advantage, aiming my palm at the vampire and harshly slamming him into the wall.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jack rush to my side.

“Get the fuck away from me, Jack.”  I warned.

“Hey!  I just want to help you!”

I breathily laughed as I let my hand fall to my side and turned to him.  “You want to help now?  Why?  Because you didn’t know he was a vampire so you thought you could kill him after you got what you wanted?”

His jaw clenched.  “Does it matter?!  You can’t fight him yourself and you know it!  And you want to save Dair and Faye don’t you?!  If you have any chance of saving them, you’ll need my help, Harry!”

“And I’m just supposed to trust you when you’re part of the reason Dair is in this mess right now?!  Not to mention what’s happened to Faye is entirely your fault!”  I scolded.

“Well if you’ll let me help you, we can get them both out of here and get Faye to a hospital.  If you don’t let me help you, well then I guess we’re all gonna die.  That’ll be your fault, Harry!”  He shouted back at me.

I was about to throw my fist into his face when the both of us were suddenly hauled into the air and thrown into the wall.

“You’re wasting your time arguing.  You can’t beat me no matter what either of you do.”  The vampire chuckled as he took a few steps towards us.

Dair

The vampire hunter or vampire or whatever the hell he was started walking towards Jack and Harry as they struggled to pick themselves back up.  His back was to me encouraging me to try and think of a way to help Harry without him seeing me.

“Faye?  Faye?”  I whispered, dipping my head so my lips were at her ear.

Her eyes opened just barely.  “Dair…”  She croaked.