Chapter 35

- Chapter 35 -

- Dair -

"H-Harry?" I stuttered.

"Dair..." His voice strained.

Not sure what to do, I turned on my heel and took off running, making my legs move as fast as I possibly could. I didn't know where I was going and I knew that if Harry really wanted to come after me, I wouldn't get far but the only thing I could think to do was run.

I let out a scream as I was suddenly grabbed from behind and lifted up.

Harry spun me around and held me against a wall; I squeezed my eyes shut, whimpering and shaking with fear.

"Dair, I'm not going to hurt you!" Harry said firmly.

I kept my head turned and my eyes closed, refusing to look at him or respond. I felt just like I did when I first met him. Terrified and helpless as I cowered in his hold, just waiting for him to kill me or do whatever he planned to do with me.

"Dair, I promise you, I'm not going to hurt you. Please look at me." He pleaded.

I wanted to, but I was scared. I feared that he was just trying to convince me to look at him so he could use his mesmerizing power on me again and then kill me. I didn't understand what was going on, why he killed that woman, my mind jumped to the worst case scenarios and I couldn't help but fear him.

"You weren't supposed to find out." Harry sighed. "But I won't hurt you, it's different this time, I promise, Dair, just let me explain. I can't take you being so scared of me. Please look at me."

"What do you mean different?" My voice quivered as I peeked at him through one eye.

He hesitated, not wanting to have to tell me what he meant but he knew he was caught, he had no choice but to explain unless he wanted me to continue to fear him like I did now.

"When I left, my bloodlust heightened and I didn't have you to calm me and it was just so hard to keep away from you..." He broke off, bowing his head as he frowned.

"I slipped, Dair." He said once he looked back up at me. "I took blood from a human being...and I killed them."

I gulped.

"I felt awful for what I had done. And even after that, I couldn't stay away from you and I eventually came back to you but I didn't stop. I was able to control myself around you easier if I went out and got my fill by killing other humans. So whenever you were asleep or at work, I would run out and find someone on the street and suck them dry."

"I used to wonder why I hadn't seen you drinking blood from the blood bags at all but I just figured you spared me from having to watch by waiting until I wasn't around to drink and you were...but from actual humans, Harry!" I spat.

"I know." He said in defeat.

"Harry, what happened to you?" I asked nervously.

He shook his head. "I don't know...I just...lost myself a little."

"For God's sake, Harry! You're killing people!" I shrieked.

"I KNOW DAMN IT!" He shouted, hands tightening their grip on my arms causing me to whimper.

Harry was quick to loosen his grip on me but I could see that he was struggling to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry." He muttered in a firm tone.

"Do you still want to become human again for me? For us?" I quietly asked.

His eyebrows furrowed. "Of course I do! How could you even think that I would change my mind about that?! It's still me, Dair! I'm still me! I still love you!"