Chapter 4: Games

Lindsay's POV.

I hesitantly sat down on the white plush couch, staring at my manager. By that time, every one was file out and two men in black suits walked in.

"Zayn, I already know you know what's about to happen. Lindsay, we will tell you all the details before you agr-"

I pointed my finger in Phil's face,"No. I'm not agreeing to anything. What's going on?"

One of the two men, I was guessing they were One Direction's managers, started to speak towards me,"You, darling, are getting known around the world. Your song is being released tomorrow, is it not?"

I looked down and nodded my head. I hated when I was pointed out for things. Whether it was good or bad.

"Exactly. We want you to date our Zayn Malik for no longer than 12 months." I flinched as he used the word our. He wasn't an item, he was a human being.

"If you sign this contract, not only will you get paid for dating him; but you will also get more publicity for your character."

I debated on this for a while. It seemed good. But I wasn't fond of the term dating yet. Only because of my last relationship. Right now though, that didnt matter. Zayn seems like a nice guy, so why not.

I grabbed the pen in my hand shakily. I noticed Zayn had already signed it and it made me feel a little better. We didn't absolutely hate each other, but I knew we would never have true feelings.

The pen moved to the way my hand made it. The cursive I saw written out didnt look like my hand writing, but that was probably just jitters. I glanced over at Zayn to see that his jaw was clenched. Tightly.

"Thank you, Lindsay. We'll send you the papers and rules tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your night." The two men walked out and I soon asked Phil to leave. I had to talk to him.

Once it was just us two, you could literally feel the awkwardness. I've never experienced such things.

"So, um..." I started to say before I was rudely cut off.

"Listen here," his low voice growled,"We have to put up with each other for 12 months so try not to get on my nerves. And try to pretend that you're actually in love with me and I'll do the same. Got it?"

My mouth hung open in shock. He was so rude about how he talked to me. Who did he think he was?

"First off, I have a name. So you can use it. Secondly, if you want me to pretend for you, then you need to realize I'm not just a toy. Got it?" I used the same tone as him and made eye contact with him. We were having a staring competition. I could tell that he was just about to blink, but we were interrupted.

"Hey guys, there's an after party if you want to come..." Niall and his little innocent self said. His face soon softened when he realized we were arguing with each other.

"I'm sure my girlfriend would love to come, isn't that right sweet heart?" He grabbed my hand roughly, intertwining our fingers together.

I put on my best fake smile and kissed his cheek,"That sounds like a lot fun."

Two could play at this game.

Nialls POV.

I didn't know they were dating. That's why we were asked to leave. Who knew Zayn had feelings for her. But who wouldn't, right?

Zayn left with Lindsay to her limo to go to the night club while I went to go follow the boys.

After exiting the arena, I climbed in the passenger seat of the range rover and turned around to my body was facing my mates.

"You'll never believe who's dating."

There faces were begging for me to tell them. Even the driver was intrigued in our conversation.

"Zayn and Lindsay."

Louis started laughing, squeezing his guy from doing it so hard,"I just knew that would happen. You could literally see the boner through his pants."

Right then, my face was burning from all the laughter that escaped through my lips. As well as the other boys.

It actually surprised me. Zayn was pretty shooken up about the break up he had with Perrie. We all knew how much he cared for her, but I guess it was all an act for her.

I just hoped Lindsay wouldn't break his heart all over again.