Chapter 37: Our Final Goodbye

Final chapter.

Lindsay's POV.

An alarm started beeping, waking me up from my peaceful slumber. I groaned and hrew a pillow at it, which only caused it to beep louder. The other half of the bed was unoccupied, which meant Zayn was already up. Of course he would put me through this deathly sound. He had placed the machine on the other side of the room, which meant the only way to turn it off caused me to get out of it. Sneaky, very sneaky. 

My back ached and my feet moaned in pain, as I walked over to turn it off. After attempting five different buttons, I just unplugged it. It took too much time to actually figure the thing out, you'd need a whole manual. Maybe even the FBI. 

I let my body fall back onto the bed, but just as I was about to hit contact with the matress, a pair of arms lifted me up. Zayn had caught me in the spur of the moment, and I pushed him off of me. He only gave me a small smile, before handing me my clothes. That probably meant my family was either down stairs or out to gather breakfast for the bunch. 

Walking into his bathroom, I locked the door behind me and set everything out across the sink's counter. My makeup was placed on the left counter, and my clothes on the tolielt seat, ready for me to slip on when I was dry from the shower. The clothes that I was now stripped out of made a small pile at the edge of the closed door. 

The warm water hitted my skin, instantly waking me up. I let all the relief and dirt flood off of me as I leaned my head back. The water soaked my hair and I applied the shampoo and conitioner to it. Running my fingers through my wet hair, it even felt smooth, the conditioner already rubbing off. The smell of strawberries filled my nose as I squirted my body wash over a small wash cloth. It had always been my favorite since I was a kid, and I wanted to bring back all the memories.

Stepping out onto the rug that lay outside of the tub, I catiously wrapped a dry towel around my wet pruny body. My hair was all tangled, I could tell, when I tried combing a brush through it. Zayn's hair dryer was tempting me, and I knew I would be scolded for using it. What was he going to do anyway, I was leaving in less than five hours. 

His dryer was definitely high class, 'cause after I was finished, my hair was silky smooth. I didn't even have to touch it up. My makeup was very light and casual, not wanting to over do it. The plane ride would be thirteen hours, and I wanted to be presentable when I boarded and landed.

Hanging up the towel on the door, I casually glided my undergarments on before looking at the outfit my mother had brought me. Something comforatble, thank the lord. Purple plaid pajama pants and a matching purple tank top. Some fuzy blue socks consumed my feet, and even standing I was already cozy. These thirteen hours would pass by quickly.

My hair started to bother me just as I was finishing up, so I decided on putting it in a loose braid that hung off of my side. Last but not least, I hooked on my necklace. Thinking I was presentable, I gathered my dirty clothes and tolietries and exited the small room. Zayn's bed was made, and a small bag sat on top of it. I indentified it as one of my carry on bags, and unzipped. Everything was in here that I needed. Charger, head phones, a few books, slippers, and a small portable telvision with some movies. I get bored really easy.

On top laid the picture of Zayn and I. The one I threw at his mirror only a few weeks ago. Apparently he had other photos of us, so it didn't take much for me to get him to let me have this one. It was by far my favorite. I decided I would put it on my night stand at my new apartment. Something I could wake up to everyday, his smile.

Zipping it back up, I put the straps of the brown leather bag over my shoulder and walked out of the room confidently. Before I even came down stairs though, the smell of delicious foods filled my nose. I had been expecting this. The kitchen contained all types of breakfast foods. Pancakes, waffles, hash browns, oranges, cereal, bacon, sausage. Name it and it was there.