Chapter 26: Control

Lindsay's POV. 

The party went on until around midnight when the boys called it. Once they all saw, besides Harry, that I was hurt, they wanted to make sure I was okay. I felt bad because I was the reason the party ended so early. Zayn explained tthe whole situation that went down between Harry and I, and at the end Louis and Liam were fuming. 

Harry walked into the kitchen, sobered up a little bit but still intoxicated. He gripped the wall for support as he looked over at me. Sorrow and fear filled his green eyes. His head bowed down and that's when I couldn't even look at him anymore. Stephanie had brought my bag to me before she left the house. I didn't hang out with her, but I knew she had a good time. 

Hopping off the counter, I placed the bag of ice in the sink and sighed. It always seemed like the bad things happened to me. Falling in love with Brian, bad. Coming to this party, bad. Meeting Zayn? That was still undecided. In some points of my life, he made life worth wild. And others, I wanted nothing to do with myself. 

"Lindsay, I'm so sorry." The boys were silent when Harry spoke. But as he came closer to me, Zayn stepped in front of me, blocking my body from him. Cowering down when I saw Harry shrink back. Though he was much taller than Zayn, he knew, everybody knew, that Zayn could take him down in the blink of an eye.

I settled my hand on Zayn's shoulder, and his body relaxed at my touch. I had the boys leave the room so we could talk. Zayn was hesitant at first, but before he finally left, he whispered down low in my ear,"I'll be in the living room if you need me." After he finished speaking to me, he glared over at Harry and walked away, purposely bumping shoulders with him.

Harry took a step towards me, and automatically I took a step back. Right now, I didn't know what he was capable of. I didn't want to take any chances of me getting hurt again. I thought I could trust Harry, but maybe I was wrong. Not the first time I've been wrong.

"Lindsay, I can't tell you how sorry I am. You have to understand that I was drunk. If I could take it back, I would. I never wanted to hurt you." I let him continue to ramble on. Everything was moving so fast in my head. I knew he didn't mean to. But since he didn't know about my past, I had nothing to do but forgive him.

I cut him off before he could go on any further,"Harry, it's fine. I understand. You weren't able to control yourself, so it's okay." I gave him a light smile and he sent one back before engulfing me in a hug. The alchohol hit me hard but I ignored it, focusing my attention onto Harry.

Just as we were about to separate, Zayn walked in with his fists clenched,"Lindsay, you can't just forgive him that easily." I crossed my arms, stepping in front of Harry. If he was going to hurt him, he would have to go through me first.

"It's my decision, not yours." His face hardened at my choice of words before he roughly pushed me to the side and tackled Harry to the ground. I was still in shock because he shoved me, but then I saw blood on the floor and I immediately knew that it was coming from Harry. 

"Liam! Niall! Louis!" I screamed, trying to tug Zayn off of him. It was no use, because I was nothing compared to Zayn. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as I heard the other boys coming him. Louis and Liam grabbed each side of him while Niall grabbed his waist and pulled him back. My feet ran my body over to Harry to inspect him. Blood was gushing from his nose and by tomorrow, he would surely have a black eye.

They were still holding when I turned back around, so I took the opportunity to yell at him,"Look what you've done! To you're own friend! He didn't deserve that!" I kneed him in the gut before running off into Zayn's room. He was such a jerk sometimes. 

After I slammed the door closed and locked it, I slid my body down the side of the door. Resting my head back on it, I realized I still had to spend the night with him in the hotel. Perfect. I wouldn't even look at him, let him know that what he did hurt whether or not Harry and I were close.

Knocking is what I heard after day dreaming a little bit,"Lindsay, open up. Please." It was Zayn's voice. I was hoping I had hurt him really hard enough that he would get that I didn't want to talk to him anymore. Obviously he didn't get the message. 

I walked over to his drawers and changed into his gray sweatpants, white tshirt, and sliping one of his dark blue hoodies over my head. I smelt the fabric and sighed, just like him. After putting some socks over my feet, I opened the door that he had been knocking on for the last ten minutes and stared at him. He was crying as well as me. I wiped my cheeks and checked my fingers, to see my makeup was running already. 

"Just take me to the hotel." I walked past him, going to the bathroom. Wetting down a towel and wiping away my makeup, in case paparrazzi saw me. I dind't want them to think anything happened between us. 

Combing through my hair with my fingers, Zayn leaned against the door frame with a bag ready to go. I took my time, watching him lose his patience. I smirked over at him once I was done. Walking outside, I climbed into his car sliping on my shades. I jerked my head forward so my hair covered half my face from him when he came in. 

The car ride was silent, and when we did pull up to the hotel I was right. Vans after vans after vans were parked along the outside. This was more than I had ever seen. We parked the car closest to the door, trying to avoid them at all costs, but to no avail that didn't happen. Once the spotted us walking in, he grabbed my hand before they started snapping pictures. 

Luckily, the hotel security didn't allow them to come inside so they were forced to take pictures from outside of the building through the windows. Looking back, I saw they were trying to push past the glass doors. This was how my life would always be. Sighing, I paid attention to Zayn who was talking to the front desk clerk.

"We have a room reserved for Malik." The man pushed his glasses up and scrolled on his mouse, looking at the computer. A few clicks later, he handed him the key and looked over at me. 

"The honey moon suite will be on the second floor enjoy." I coughed a little a bit. A honey moon suite? If there was only one bed, he was sleeping on the floor or in the bath tub.

No ifs, ors, or buts about it.

----------------- 

~A/N~

Hmmm, drama. I decided that I'll have about 35 chapters so 9 more chapters left of this book! But don't worry, 'cause I'll be writing a sequel to it also! 

So please vote and comment! It'd mean a lot!

-Taylor xx