Chapter 29: Panic

Lindsay's POV.

Pacing around my front door, debating on if I should even go in. Zayn was watching me cautiously. My parents would probably be fuming. Their reason was pretty good.

Zayn reached forward and wrapped me in a hug, his cheek on the top of my head,"You'll be fine. They'll understand once they know the truth." His words comforted me, and I was glad that he was along side of me. Giving him a reassuring smile, I unlocked my house and stepped in.

It was quiet, everything the same. I heard the click clacking of heels and I grabbed Zayn's arm instantly. My mother, dressed in a 70's dress and apron, pearls on, put her hands on her hips once she saw me. Her eyes had bags under them, her skin much paler, and and she was much skinnier. That was obvious.

"Can we talk? You and dad?" Not a word was spoken, but a sharp nod was given in my direction. Her eyes darted to mine, then to Zayn's, before she left the room to retrieve Dan.

I led Zayn to the living room, so he would be able to sit next to me. Short minutes later, dad walked in with my mom behind him and sat in front of us. I glanced over at my boyfriend, and he nodded for me to tell them truth.

I sighed and began to explain,"Please understand that nothing happened last night." Even after I said that, tension rose in the room.

Mother stood up and pointed her finger at me,"How do you expect us to believe that? I know nothing happened between you too, cause you aren't even dating. But what about that bruise on your cheek? You expect me to not let that slide by?"

Shit. I forgot to cover that up with makeup. I let go of Zayn's hand, beginning to feel them getting sweaty. I rubbed them on my legs, preparing to argue with her,"Now that you know nothing actually happened, let me tell you something. Zayn did not hit me. Harry did, but he was drunk. It wasn't his fault and it's all cleared up."

My dad brought his hands together and coughed,"But Zayn didn't defend you. His job is to protect you."

Thankfully, Zayn spoke up,"I did, sir. I tackled Harry before he could do anything more to her."

Even after clearing things up, I knew it would never be the same. Maybe they did believe me, but how could they trust me again now that my dad knew about Zayn? I tell him everything. He just has to understand that it wasn't my choice to not tell him.

I ran upstairs quickly so Zayn wouldn't have to be in an awkward moment with my parents. Stripping off my clothes, I slipped on my white bikini and a knitted cover up, grabbing my bag and stuffing it with towels and tanning lotion. After picking a pair of flip flops, I made my way down stairs with my sun glasses perched on my head.

Not wanting to waste anytime, I grabbed his hand again and pulled him out of the house. The ride back to his place wasn't long, only a short ten minutes. He told me who was coming. The boys, of course. But Eleanor, even Stephanie. Apparently Niall fancied her.

Just as we were pulling in, I put my phone away in my bag and got out of the car. Liam had the door open for us, probably knowing that we were here because of the sound the car made. I thanked him silently, and made my way into the kitchen.

Food was everywhere. It was almost 10, and I knew people would start to arrive. Veggie plates and chips crowded the counter tops, along with drinks and coolers on the floor. The smell of hotdogs and hamburgers filled my nose, knowing that someone was grilling them outside.

Walking outside, Niall and Louis were already in the pool. I waved to them, and they waved back. But not before Louis tackled Niall and kept dunking him under. I laughed at them and spread my towel out on my chair, prepared to tan. I really needed that.

Harry was cooking the food and I noticed he kept eyeing my nervously. Just as I was about to walk over, Zayn did and they began to have a conversation in whispers. Soon later they were hugging, Harry rubbing Zayn's back.

Once he turned around, I found myself staring at his shirtless body. Toned abs and golden skin that reflected off of his tattoos. I quickly looked away before he could find me looking. Slipping off my coverup, I hung it over the chair and rubbed the lotion on the top half of my body.

Before I started to lay down, I found myself a bottle of water. Plugging in my ear buds, I put my glasses over my eyes and laid out. The sun was beating down today, making me sweat in the first five minutes.

Eleanor was laying down next to me, and I felt bad. I didn't even realize when she came. Tossing my glasses onto the grass, I lifted myself from the chair and made my way to the grill. My hunger came up and my mouth watered at the smell of them. They looked so delicious.

But just as I was about to grab a plate to get my food, a set of wet arms wrapped around me. I instantly panicked, knowing what was about to happen next. The arms were Liam's and all the other boys and Stephanie were in the pool, smiling at me. I tried pushing away from him, but it was to no use.

He kept walking closer to the pool, and before I knew it, I was thrown in. I screamed once I was thrown in and screamed once my head came above the water. I looked down at my wrists and saw all of my makeup coming off, showing all of my scars I've made.

I looked up to see that all of their faces no longer had smiles. Crying my way out of the pool, I wrapped my towel around my body and ran inside up to Zayn's room, not wanting to do anything but hide for the rest of my life.

------------------

~A/N~

Uh, oh. That was my major plot twist. Did anyone expect that? Kind of a cliffhanger, I know. But don't blame me. I thought this chapter was pretty good.

Anyway, vote and comment! The usual. I'll try to update tomorrow but I don't know for sure.

To the side is what Lindsay's outift would look like, enjoy!

Today is my birthday, yay! My mom made me a minion cake, so it was a pretty good day.

-Taylor xx