Chapter 28: Sins

Zayn's POV. 

After drying my hair, I wrapped my lower half body in the towel and proceeded to walk out. I forgot my clothes hanging on the edge of the bed, too caught up in my thoughts about Lindsay. Walking out, I saw her back; no clothes on her top half but she did have black lace panties on. She started to turn around, yelling out a small squeal, and covering herself with the drapes.

"Get back in the bathroom." She hissed. I smirked and continued to walk towards the bed. Making eye contact with her, I grabbed my clothes and backed out of the room to change. Slipping on a shirt and some basketball shorts, I made my way out, fixing my hair a few times in the spare mirror. She was still messing with her hair, a grunt after every time she attempted to do something with it. I flung a pony tail holder over at her that I had found on the floor. She gave me a small smile, putting her hair up into a messy bun. 

Walking with my bag out of the room, waiting for her, I noticed the elevator open and a strange man with brown hair and blue eyes walk out. We made small eye contact but soon broke away, heading down the stairs. Now what was the point of going up the elevator, only to be going down the stairs anyway? I shrugged it off, not thinking anything of it. 

Once she made her way out of the room, I closed it behind us and pressed the button so the elevator could retrieve us. The ding sounded and I watched the two metal doors slide apart, revealing the same man. Lindsay instantly grabbed my arm, sinking her nails into my skin. I gave her a tight smile before walking in, pressing the lobby button. The strange man kept looking over at Lindsay, creeping me out in a way that couldn't be explained.

I pushed her small body behind mine, protecting her from who ever this was. Glancing down at her, both of her own arms wrapped tightly around my right one, she was biting her lip, fear stretched out across her face. Who the hell was this guy? I didn't have time to ask, because the doors opened once again to lobby.

After the man had walked out, she intertwined our fingers together,"That's Brian."  I looked dead ahead to see him smirking at me, then exiting the building. At least now I knew what he looked like. If I ever saw him again, his face would definitely be rearranged. 

Signing out, screaming girls gathered outside. Numerous posters and phones in their hands. It was so early, why were they even up? Oh right, they didn't care about our privacy. 

The doors indicated our movement, causing them to open up. Security guards led the way through the mass crowd. Girls were throwing themselves at our feet, giving us offers and choices about, well, ya know. A black suv was waiting for us, and we gladly got in. After a few shoves and hollers from Paul, the door finally closed and we were off, heading back to my flat.

Lindsay's body still hung loosely onto mine, and right now I didn't mind. Her eye lids were closed, her head resting against my shoulder blade. I looked outside to see it was actually a beautiful day. Getting the permission from Paul, I rolled the window down. The wind swept my hair back, causing my eyes to squint a little. The sky was extra blue today, only a few clouds scattered here and there. The sun shining bright as always. If only every day could be like this. 

I felt her smile on me and it caused the tips of my lips to turn up too. I remember at the fashion show, I told myself that was the day I would tell her my true feelings for her. Then Liam told me that it would be easier to not like her. But I didn't want the easy way, I wanted the hard way. The challenged way. And Lindsay was definitely a challenge. Today, at the barbecque, I would tell her the truth. Hopefully she will understand, and hopefully that won't ruin us. 

God could only know what that would do to us.

Lindsay's POV.

Right after leaving the hotel, in the safe car, I started to feel my nerves relax a little. But not much. Brian was in the same hotel as me that night. He knew where I was. How much did he know? That was the reason why I clutched onto Zayn back there. The reason I was still holding onto him. He didn't seem to mind, which made me smile. 

I needed to tell him how I felt. Just to get it off my chest. It has been bothering me lately, distracting me from important things.I haven't seen my family for about two days and I didn't even want to think what they were thinking about me. I would refuse to go home today until the small party ended later tonight. Tha'ts when I would face them. Maybe Zayn was up for coming with me, too. He said he'd explain with me, but that was before our little fight.

Still unsure about the whole thing, I pushed it to the side focusing on this moment. Freezing it and reliving it every moment of every day would be a dream come true. Literally. I wouldn't be complaining at all. Getting to feel his warm skin, hearing his breathing,  seeing the stubble on his lower face, made butterflies appear in my stomach.

Sitting up a little, I turned my head towards him to get a better few,"Why are you so good to me?" I had begun to think that he didn't hear me. He was so lost in the outside world, the beauty of it. Kept looking out the window, reminding me of a dog.

But before I could ask my question again, he looked me straight in the eye, his hazel eyes sinking into my blue ones,"It would be a sin if I wasn't."

----------------

~A/N~

Filler chapter, not much really. A LOT of events will happen at the little pool party/barbeque. It'll be good. Expect some tears. Just kidding, but it will be emotional. Major plot twist if some of you don't know about it already. 

I can't believe I've gotten over 1,200 reads! I know that's not much compared to other writers but to me that's just incredible. So thank you, to all of you who have read this fanfiction. It means a lot to me.

Please vote and comment! I'll always ask that at the end of every chapter so get used to it! And tomorrow is my birthday! July 21st, 14 years old baby! Ssdly, I'm still young. Oh well, two more years and I'll be driving so that's all that matters to me!

Again, vote and comment! Tell other people about this story! Thanks!

-Taylor