Chapter 33: Planning

Lindsay's POV.

Mrs. Sellars explained some more things to be about the apartment and new job. I even wrote down a few things I wanted done for my new place. She said she would have every thing there for me. And the more I kept thinking about it, the more I kept liking it. Though I knew that was wrong of me. 

I changed back into the clothes I had come in, ready to leave with Zayn. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a sweet smile. I forced one onto my face, keeping the secret behind my clenched teeth. With his hand on the small of my back, he led me through the halls and out the doors to his car. 

I would need to go home. Pack all my belongings and such, and send them out to the apartment once I was given the address. In two weeks I would be working for Elle, living in New York. In two weeks, I would leave my parents and the love of my life behind. I just needed to figure out a way to tell him. An easy way to break the ice. He wouldn't take it well, and if I told him right before I left, he'd be mad. I don't want to leave things between us on bad terms.

"Can you take me home? I haven't seen my family in a while." Even speaking the lie, I wanted to punch myself in the face. Why was I doing this to him, when he didn't even realize it. It was unfair to him.

He reached over the center console and squeezed my hand,"Sure." Sending him a small smile, I propped my elbow up on the edge of the window, staring out into the world. Closing my eyes, I tried to think of the pros about what I was doing.

New York, an amazing experience for me. The apartment would be paid for, plus furnished. Working for one of the largest modeling companies in the world, as a regular. Getting paid for something I loved to do, and it was a lot of money too.

Now, onto the cons.

Leaving my family and all the memories with it. Saying goodbye to my new friends, such as Stephanie and Eleanor. Bidding a farewell to the boys. And last but not least, Zayn. Leaving him, after everything turned out to be fine. Man, I was screwed up big time.

But sadly the pros over powered the cons. My family would be happy for me. So would Stephanie, Eleanor, and the boys! And if Zayn loves me as much as he says he does, he would support me through this and understand why I made this decision. 

While I was day dreaming in the car, I hadn't even realized I was in the front of my house until Zayn opened my car door, causing me to slightly fall. Luckily my seat belt caught me and I shook my head, shaking off the weariness. Unbuckling myself from the seat, I got up and walked to the front door, Zayn right on my trail. 

Just as I was about to turn my hand on the door knob, I turned to look at him. He smiled and I looked down, sighing. Taking a step away from the door, I snuck a glance at him to see he was pretty confused. I grabbed both of his hands and swung them back and forth between our bodies. 

He started laughing but I stayed quiet,"Zayn?"

"Yeah, babe?" His sweet voice filled my ears.

I blinked away the tears before they were noticeable,"Elle signed me, I'll be working for them and I-"

I was cut off by his phone ringing. He gave me an apologetic look and answered it, taking a step away from me. I decided to tune out of his conversation, feeling like such a liar and a cruel person. I leaned my body against the door and waited for him to get over with the call. Finally after five minutes, he ended the call and came back up to me.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and rocked back onto his heels,"I gotta go, the boys are at the studio and they're waiting for me. Congratulations on Elle, you deserve it. I love you." He pecked my lips and I mumbled the three words back. Soon after I saw his car speeding away down the street.